Presenter '09: eCreators Custom Skin

Description:

This only works in Articulate Presenter '09.

This skin was designed and built by eCreators, an e-learning company that uses Articulate software and provides course-development and consulting services. There is an English version and a Spanish version included in this download. (Thanks to Articulate user Belen Casado for providing the Spanish translation!)

The skin offers a unique, handsome design with clean and simple metallic-style trim, along with stylized buttons for attachments, help, next/back, and course exit. The play/pause button turns into a replay button when a slide finishes playing. Also unique to this player is an audio on/off button.

Note that some player features aren't used on this skin, such as a logo panel, presenter panel, slide thumbnails, slide notes, view mode toggle, and search tab. Also, if your course contains Quizmaker quizzes or Engage interactions, you’ll need to include those items as slides (not as player tabs), since player tabs aren’t used on this skin.

• See the English version of this player in action here. See the Spanish version here. (The published samples have background audio inserted via a playlist, to demonstrate the skin's audio on/off button.)
  • After you unzip (extract) the contents of the download, just double-click the appropriate .artpkg file to install either the English or Spanish version of this player. When you’re ready to publish your presentation, click Publish on the Articulate menu, and choose the player from the Player Templates field on the Publish window. 
  • If you have questions about this skin or how to use it, feel free to contact eCreators directly.

All Comments

Posted 916 days ago

Awesome skin, can't wait to use it. :)

Posted 916 days ago

Nice and clean, love it!

Thank you eCreators!

Mike Taylor

909 posts

Posted 915 days ago

Fabulous! Thanks!

Holly MacDonald

305 posts

Posted 915 days ago

Wow, I love this skin and would really complement the look of a course I'm building. Thank you to eCreators for sharing this. My only issue might be what to do with the glossary. Any suggestions for how to handle it?

Jeanette Brooks

3,630 posts

Posted 914 days ago

Hi Holly! Since this particular skin doesn't support the use of player tabs, one approach would be to add your glossary to a slide, and then hide that slide from the sidebar menu. On any slide where you think learners might need to access the glossary, you could create your own button by drawing a shape on the slide and hyperlinking it to the glossary slide. The only challenge there is, when learners are done looking at the glossary, they'd need to click a slide title in the sidebar to resume viewing the course. For other alternatives, I'd recommend checking out this post that Tom wrote a while back... it describes some more creative alternatives that might work for your situation: www.articulate.com/.../5-easy-ways-to-add-a-glossary-to-your-e-learning-course Hope that helps! :)

Dean Saunders

22 posts

Posted 913 days ago

Hi all, glad you like it!  We hope to upload more soon!

Bryce Gilbert

12 posts

Posted 913 days ago

Very slick! Thanks for sharing. I'd love to be able to add a logo to the bottom left corner.

Dean Saunders

22 posts

Posted 912 days ago

@ holly.  Another way to use a glossary would be to make an engage interaction (i.e. not a tab) .  This way, it would appear in the menu and could be accessed by learners throughout the course.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Dean

Scott Lindsey

56 posts

Posted 912 days ago

I really like this skin and look forward to using it. Is there a way to turn off some of the controls, such as the one for audio? We don't have a lot of audio in our courses and this might be confusing to our learners.

PJ Rushmere

1 posts

Posted 911 days ago

Great skin and thanks for sharing.

For me the only feature that is missing is the notes/transcript button. As I use voice overs throughout my courses, this button comes in really handy.

Alanna Turco

24 posts

Posted 910 days ago

Love this skin!  I downloaded and installed it and it shows up as a template option.  However when I publish with it, it defaults to the Corporate Communications player template.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Advice?

Jeanette Brooks

3,630 posts

Posted 910 days ago

Hi Alanna - when you publish, you'll need to select the custom skin from the Template dropdown on the Publish window. If your published output is still showing the Corporate Communications player template, it's possible you're seeing a cached version of your output... try clearing your browser's cache and/or publishing to a different folder on your hard drive, and that should take care of it.

Alanna Turco

24 posts

Posted 910 days ago

Thanks Jeanette.  I didn't change it on the publish window.  Great skin - thanks eCreators for sharing.

Posted 909 days ago

Thanks eCreator!

Belen Casado

273 posts

Posted 873 days ago

I really like this skin, thank you for sharing!

I downloaded it and I have a question: Could I change the language of the player?

I mean, I put text labels in Universal Spanish but this player does not take this change.

Thanks a lot

Jeanette Brooks

3,630 posts

Posted 873 days ago

Hi Belen, right, this particular player doesn't support other text labels. That might be a nice idea to suggest to the folks at eCreators though: ecreators.com.au/contact-us

Belen Casado

273 posts

Posted 870 days ago

Hi Jeanett, thank you for your answer, I'll suggest this idea to them!

Belen.

Dean Saunders

22 posts

Posted 869 days ago

Hi, we've actually coded the text labels in Flash.  In saying that, if you're happy to provide the translation of all the words into Spanish, we're happy to make a Spanish version available to the community :-)

Cheers,

Dean

Pink Lady

25 posts

Posted 861 days ago

I love this skin!  Unfortunately though I'm not able to view the published presentation on our server from another computer that doesn't have Articulate installed.  It works fine on the computer that does have Articulate.  Is there any known reason why this might happen?  Anyone else experience this?  Just wondering if maybe it has something to do with the Flash or Shockwave versions on each computer.  I have version 10,3,181,34 installed on the computer that can't see the published presentation.  (I haven't updated it because it always becomes a nightmare of problems and end up needing the Admin to do it.)   I was wondering if this might then be a problem for a vast amount of co-workers trying to view it too.  Has anyone tried using it with SABA yet?  Thank you!

Posted 859 days ago

I hope I can use this skin. Is it possible for me to change the color scheme? Also, is it possible to turn on the Notes?

Pink Lady

25 posts

Posted 853 days ago

Help!  I need to know how to uninstall this skin.  It can't find it listed in C:\Program Files\Articulate\Presenter\templates.  It is causing problems in Articulate for me when I go to publish, and I'm not even using the skin anymore.  I tried it out once and then put back my previous skin.  Every couple of days now when I go to republish a presentation I am working on I keep getting all my settings wiped out on the Publish settings page.  I'm not even able to select a different skin from the drop-down.  The program will freeze if I try.  It puts the logo name in the Published title field and wipes out the Player template and Logo fields.  It also changes the Publish Location folder and Presenter.   I've been able to reboot my computer and then go into the settings and make a change to the template I'm using to save it, then take the setting out again and save it again.  But this keeps happening every 2 days after trying out the eCreators skin.  How can I remove it?  Thank you.

Jeanette Brooks

3,630 posts

Posted 853 days ago

@Pink Lady, sorry to hear of your template issues! A custom skin shouldn't affect the publish settings that way, and this sounds like an issue that would be worth submitting a case: www.articulate.com/.../method.php ...that way a support engineer can take a closer look at what might be causing the trouble. In the meantime, if you prefer to remove the skin, yes you can certainly do that! Here's how: open a presentation in PowerPoint and click Player Templates. Choose the skin from the dropdown selector at the bottom of the window. Then click the File button to the right of the selector, and choose Delete.

@Aliya, unfortunately there isn't an option with this skin to alter the colors or enable the slide notes.

Nita Venter

54 posts

Posted 852 days ago

Thanks eCreators for this great skin!

Posted 848 days ago

Love this skin!! My only request would be to enable slide only view.  Other than that- great!

Chris Miocic

12 posts

Posted 826 days ago

Great skin!  I agree with Holly on the Glossary button.  I have my Glossary inserted as an Engage slide in the presentation but it would be nice to have additional buttons that could be added for items such as a Glossary.  

Thanks again!

elisha ray

3 posts

Posted 812 days ago

Great skin you have...i have a couple of questions though:-

1. How would i embed my glossary to appear in the glossary section if there is any (have you guys updated its features?)

2. How can a learner view the notes section as in other slides ....as much as the skin looks great notes section is a very vital section that should not be ignored.

Thanx

Jeanette Brooks

3,630 posts

Posted 812 days ago

Hi Elisha - this particular skin doesn't support slide notes, so if those are essential for your courseware, you'd probably want to use a different skin or use the standard Articulate Presenter player instead. Also, with this skin, you can certainly add an Engage glossary as a slide in your course (check out the comments posted earlier, above) but right now there isn't a way to add a glossary as a tab on this player.

Belen Casado

273 posts

Posted 805 days ago

Dean Saunders said: "Hi, we've actually coded the text labels in Flash.  In saying that, if you're happy to provide the translation of all the words into Spanish, we're happy to make a Spanish version available to the community :-)"

I didn't read it till now, and I'll be glad to provide a translation into Spanish of each of the labels in this player.

How can I give it to you? Should I write them down in a message like this?

Thanks!

Dean Saunders

22 posts

Posted 805 days ago

Hi, yes.  Feel fre to contact us directly with the translation and we will repost in the upcoming revised version.

Cheers.

Dean

frank yang

22 posts

Posted 804 days ago

Hey, really nice look & feel. Is this a free to use skin?

Thx.

Jeanette Brooks

3,630 posts

Posted 804 days ago

Hi there Frank - yes, this skin, and any other download that you find here in the Downloads are of E-Learning Heroes, is completely free. Enjoy! :)

Jeanette Brooks

3,630 posts

Posted 798 days ago

To those of you who like eCreators' skin and were hoping to get a Spanish version, you're in luck! This download now includes both an English and Spanish version of the skin, thanks to eCreators and community member Belen Casado. If you're interested in seeing what the Spanish version looks like, you can see a sample here: articulate-downloads.s3.amazonaws.com/.../player.html  Enjoy! :)

Posted 798 days ago

I really love this skin... I hope you can translate it in French now! (take chance!) :D

Belen Casado

273 posts

Posted 797 days ago

I'm grateful that eCreators reviewed this skin with Spanish texts :)

Thank you for uploading it here!

Posted 793 days ago

Thanks for the great skin!  I am going to use it on a new project that could use a nice, fresh look.

Belen Casado

273 posts

Posted 777 days ago

Finally I was able to manage Amazon AWS so you can say this player in Spanish in action. This is the first unit of a course about Coaching. Hope you enjoy it!

:)

s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/.../player.html

Posted 772 days ago

This skin is great. I just can't get the exit function to work correctly. After it has been uploaded to Moodle, the user can click the Exit button and will get presented with a choice to exit or continue (or something to that effect), but when you hit EXIT, nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

Jeanette Brooks

3,630 posts

Posted 771 days ago

Hi Jaimie! Regarding your exit button, see if the suggestions in this article help you resolve the issue: www.articulate.com/.../kb_article.php

Posted 771 days ago

Thanks for the assistance. I tried the LMS solutions suggested in the article (altering the configuration.js), but was not successful. I'm going to see what happens when I have the module open in a new window, although I really don't want to have to do that... Any other suggestions?

Posted 771 days ago

The Exit button DOES work when the module is set to open in a new window. Wish there was a way to keep the learner on the page, though.

Shell Yoakum

5 posts

Posted 768 days ago

I've added some attachments to this template. After publishing to a server I try the Attachment button and get a list - when clicking on one of the names the window just flashes and closes - no attachment shows. I try over and over to link/file in several ways and on different file spaces - no luck. I had others test and they are getting the samething.

Jeanette Brooks

3,630 posts

Posted 765 days ago

Hi Shell, I'd recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps in this knowledgebase article: www.articulate.com/.../kb_article.php You could also try testing attachments on a standard player template (such as Articulate Presenter's Corporate Communications template) rather than the eCreators custom skin, and see if the same behavior occurs. If it does, and if you've already worked through the troubleshooting steps in the knowledgebase article I mentioned, you're welcome to submit a support case so that we can take a closer look at what might be going on. Here's where to submit a case: www.articulate.com/.../submit.php

Posted 728 days ago

Thanks for the Skin.. how to insert logo in this skin?

Saenna B Ahman

72 posts

Posted 728 days ago

suresh it says in the description above that a logo panel isn't supported for this skin

jessica xues

1 posts

Posted 705 days ago

how to use this? please help me

Jeanette Brooks

3,630 posts

Posted 705 days ago

Jessica: After you unzip (extract) the contents of the download, just double-click the appropriate .artpkg file to install either the English or Spanish version of this player. When you’re ready to publish your presentation, click Publish on the Articulate menu, and choose the player from the Player Templates field on the Publish window.

Posted 704 days ago

Cannot download any of the files. I have a MAC. Any help?

Posted 704 days ago

Cannot download any of the files. I have a MAC. Any help?

Jeanette Brooks

3,630 posts

Posted 704 days ago

Hey VI. It's just a zip file, so it should download like any other zip file. Also in order to use this player, you'll need to have Articulate Presenter '09, which (if you're using a Mac) you'd need to install in a virtual environment that allows you to run windows. If you do have a virtual environment with Windows and a current installation of Presenter '09, and you continue to have trouble, you can feel free to submit a support case: www.articulate.com/.../submit.php

Posted 681 days ago

Is there a way to remove the menu on the left hand side? I have selected No sidebar view but it still shows, how do I disable the menu?

Jeanette Brooks

3,630 posts

Posted 681 days ago

Hi CD - This custom skin has specific features that aren't editable or removable, and the menu on the sidebar is one of those features. If you prefer not to have a menu like that, you'd need to go with a different skin/template.

yq w

28 posts

Posted 659 days ago

Hi Jeanett,This skin does not support Chinese Simplified?What a pity!

I hope you can translate it in Chinese!

Thanks!

Jeanette Brooks

3,630 posts

Posted 658 days ago

Hi yq - unfortunately I lack the skillz to translate anything into Chinese :) ...however, earlier a community member offered to translate the player into Spanish, and eCreators gladly accepted & then provided the translated skin. If you (or someone you know) can translate the text labels to Chinese, you might ask eCreators if they'd consider providing the translated version here.

Jay Giri

4 posts

Posted 652 days ago

how can i use this template.....im new user of articulate...so plz...solve my prblm

Jeanette Brooks

3,630 posts

Posted 652 days ago

Hi Jay. Here are the instructions posted above in the description of the skin (note that you'll need to have Articulate Presenter installed in order to use this skin): "After you unzip (extract) the contents of the download, just double-click the appropriate .artpkg file to install either the English or Spanish version of this player. When you’re ready to publish your presentation, click Publish on the Articulate menu, and choose the player from the Player Templates field on the Publish window." If you need additional help with publishing, I'd suggest posting in the Articulate Presenter forum so we can help you out: community.articulate.com/.../25.aspx

Jay Giri

4 posts

Posted 652 days ago

thnx a lot.....i'll try this. Thank you once again

Jay Giri

4 posts

Posted 652 days ago

in my articulate presentation .........articulate option is not seen......what should i do now???

Jeanette Brooks

3,630 posts

Posted 652 days ago

Hi Jay, if you know you've installed Presenter, you should be seeing an Articulate tab on your PowerPoint ribbon. If that's not the case, make sure that you are using the 32-bit version of PowerPoint (not the 64-bit version, which does not support plug-ins such as Presenter). More info about that here: www.articulate.com/.../kb_article.php  If you are indeed running the 32-bit version of PowerPoint, check out this article for help with activating your Presenter menu in PowerPoint: www.articulate.com/.../kb_article.php And if you continue to have trouble, feel free to submit a support case so that our support team can help you out: www.articulate.com/.../submit.php

Jay Giri

4 posts

Posted 651 days ago

Is there any method to use presenter's player & powerpoint animation in storyline.....plzz....help me......

Dean Saunders

22 posts

Posted 651 days ago

Hi Jay,

Short answer is no..... :-)

In saying THAT, eCreators have made possible some great customizations to the Storyline skin, so if you have a design in mind that you would also be happy to share with the community, we would be happy to post so all can benefit from it!

Cheers,

Dean

DeDe Morton

15 posts

Posted 586 days ago

I really like this skin...nice contrast of the player controls with other elements in the player. I noticed one strange issue, though. My course includes a word quiz learning game. When I play the game using one of the standard player templates, I'm able to type letters on my keyboard to fill in answers. However, when I use the eCreators custom skin, typing on the keyboard does nothing; I must use my mouse and click each letter on the screen. I'm developing an eLearning course for a highly technical audience. I'm sure they won't want to use a mouse to enter letters. Is this problem a limitation of using this particular skin, or can I set a switch somewhere that enables keyboard input?

Emma Santiago

18 posts

Posted 467 days ago

It will  be so great to get this one on  neutral colors: I.e: all  black, all  white, or all grey!!

Virak Yang

91 posts

Posted 223 days ago

Hi, how can I use it in presenter 13?

Virak Yang

91 posts

Posted 223 days ago

I knew it now. It's not possible. Hmm, it's not worth upgrade then.