What services do you use for audio licenses?

Mar 07, 2012

I am looking to purchase a library of various audio sounds and generic instrumental background songs for use in eLearning.  I will need some to be very up-tempo, some to be more low-key, and some sound effects audio.  I'm just curious--for those of you who have licensed music libraries--what services you use.    Many thanks for any info. 

15 Replies
David Steffek

Cheeseheads unite! Although I need to refer to myself as CheeseCorn, now (being in Nebraska). 

To answer your question, my company has purchased only a few discs, but usually only when a need arose and/or when the library was on sale/free. I can't even say where they were acquired from, but I can confirm Doug's point: we have purchased a whole disc and wound up using just one clip. Not very cost effective.

Doug, I wasn't aware that istockphoto allowed you to do that. I'll need to look into it! Thanks! And maybe next time I'm visiting my relatives in Wausau, you, me, and Mike Enders should all get together!  :)

Natalia Mueller

Hi Vicki!

I don't know if these will suite your needs or not.  I haven't tried all of these but at some time or another, other community members posted them. They're all royalty free. Just be sure to read the various license agreements to see what your specific requirements are.

Brainy Betty

Freeplay Music

iStockphoto

Stock Music Boutique

Royalty Free Music Library

Jewel Beat

Audionautix

Vicki Kunkel

David Steffek said:

Cheeseheads unite! Although I need to refer to myself as CheeseCorn, now (being in Nebraska). 

To answer your question, my company has purchased only a few discs, but usually only when a need arose and/or when the library was on sale/free. I can't even say where they were acquired from, but I can confirm Doug's point: we have purchased a whole disc and wound up using just one clip. Not very cost effective.

Doug, I wasn't aware that istockphoto allowed you to do that. I'll need to look into it! Thanks! And maybe next time I'm visiting my relatives in Wausau, you, me, and Mike Enders should all get together! 

Thanks, David.  We use music clips (short 3-7 second blips w/vocals) mostly as humorous "asides" in training--not as a background bed.  (Think NPR, and you have a pretty good idea.)  Problem is:  We need some new audio (so we don't keep using the same clips over and over) that allows us the license to use the audio in that way.  We're finding it's a real challenge.

Vicki Kunkel

Natalia Spurgin said:

Hi Vicki!

I don't know if these will suite your needs or not.  I haven't tried all of these but at some time or another, other community members posted them. They're all royalty free. Just be sure to read the various license agreements to see what your specific requirements are.

Brainy Betty

Freeplay Music

iStockphoto

Stock Music Boutique

Royalty Free Music Library

Jewel Beat

Audionautix

Wow, Natalia!!  That's quite a helpful list!  When we need background music, now I have a fantastic list of places to check.  THANKS!!!!

Vicki Kunkel

Wow!  We're getting quite a list from the community!  Thanks so much, everyone!

Melanie:  I found the PERFECT background music at audionautix for a game scenario for one of my training programs :  #98!  I love how that site has everything from tense and serious  to whimsical to humourous.

Sayuj:  That's  a great listing of good options, too! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.