VRML & dynamic content courses

Mar 29, 2012

Been thinking about the advantages of having three dimensional, dynamic content in the courses I am building. I did a very quick search but didn't find anything in the forums and I'm wondering if the subject is covered somewhere.

What I am thinking of is the abilily to import and display VRML objects that can be manipulated and interact with. I know I can export models from a variety of 3D applications in different formats.

Does anyone have ideas or experiences with this in Articulate?

Thanks,

John

2 Replies
Steve Flowers

Through Web objects you can embed all kinds of deployable interactive 3D stuff. Here's one article that describes how to do this using Acrobat 3d:

http://daveperso.mediaenglishonline.com/2011/04/29/3d-acrobat-and-articulate/

You could do the same thing using a Flash 3D object, Wirefusion applet, or even a real time 3D game right in the pane. 

John Forward

Yes, I understand, but my vision is to have a component within the application itself to search and drop in real-time 3D object, such as Sketchup provides with it's warehouse. This would give instructional designers UNLIMITED models to demonstrate concept and show processes with user interaction with those processes or concepts. Does that make sense?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.