Font change after publishing

Apr 11, 2012

Hello,

I'm having a issue with font changes when previewing or publishing. I am using Arial size 18, and it looks good in powerpoint. But when I do a preview or I publish this, the font size becomes like 54! When I look closely to the text affected I can't find any different settings from other text boxes. I can't solve this by changing the font type and/or size. The only way to fix this is to select the text, copy it, create a new text box, paste the copied text. Then it works. This error doesn't happen all the time, for example in a presentation of around 100 slides, between 10 and 20 slides show this problem randomly (all slides use same font and size) And also not all text boxes on 1 slide, just random. I find this very strange and couldn't find a cause for this.  But maybe somebody has experiences this problem too, or has a solution for this?

In the pictures I have added you can see that I have a text box with standard Arial 18, I copied the text box, and it becomes Arial 54. This happens just when I copy into this slide, if I copy into an other slide or presentation it is ok. Unfortunately Articulate presenter doesn't preview and publish with what you see in powerpoint, but apperently with this "error", wherever it may be...

Thanks in advance!

17 Replies
Bas van Broekhoven

Hi Justin, thanks for your fast reply!

I tried this solution, but it doesn't help, when I re-use the slide the problem still appears. It seems to be something in Powerpoint itself, but I can't figure out what... Because when I copy this text box with Arial 18 and paste it in this presentation (no matter which slide) it becomes a bigger font size. But when I paste it into an other presentation it doesn't change. I have this problem with a couple of presentations. I can't find anything about it too on powerpoint forums etc.. Do you might have an idea for me where to search for a solution for this?

Thanks!

Robin Quon

Hi Justin,

I have the same problem. I tried your solution and it does not work. I did Bas' work around and it does work, but it is a real pain to implement. In my case it changes the font from Arial 23 to something else entirely even though other characters in the same text box use Arial 23 as well.

Any other ideas?

Peter Anderson

Hi Robin, welcome to Heroes!

Would you like to send us your files so we can take a closer look? Please create an Articulate Presenter package, then upload the zip file to our server. You can review how to do this here: 

Send to Articulate Presenter Package – Articulate Presenter ’09 Help

Upload the resulting zip file from your computer to our server using this upload form: 

Articulate Support - Upload Your Files for Review 

Please be sure to include a description of your issue, your version of PowerPoint, version of Windows and version of Presenter '09, which you can find in Help and Support -> About Articulate Presenter. Please also include the URL for this thread so I can follow up with you personally in the forums. And feel free to come back and leave your case number here so I can keep a close eye on it. Thanks!

Michael Loader

I had a similar issue with fonts not presenting correctly when published.  I applied Justin Wilcox's suggestion related to fixing corrupt ppt file.  It worked for my problem.  The only down side is that audio files have to be exported and imported which adds a few minutes and you also lose navigation branching set up in slide properties.  On the plus side, your animations, slide properties associated with slide title and outline level are preserved.

Hope it works for you.

Terri Alexander

Hi. I'm having this issue today. I'm following the instructions abovr to fix a corrupt ppt.  It has instructions for 2007/2010 ppt and another set of instructions for ppt 2003.  What if my original ppt was done in 2003 but I am now using 2010?  Sould I save it and select 2003 (.doc) from the list like my original?  Or should I save it as a .pptx?    Does it matter?  I don't have audio and video but I do have several engage interactions and a QM quiz--I'm hoping I don't have to republish those.  Thanks for your prompt reply!  I have my "save" on hold waiting on this response.

Tim Samp

I am having a similar problem today.  My issue is that:

1) My text is doubling up in a slide...looks like two text boxes on top of each other, but slightly off.

2) Formatted shapes with picture fill are off center and not displaying as they are in PPT.

I am using a slide master and formatting shapes.  These are the objects that present the problems.

Tried the corrupt solution to no avail.

Any advice?

I know I can save all these objects as pngs and insert, but would rather find an appropriate solution.

Thanks.

Peter Anderson

Hi Tim, 

It sounds like saving the images as a png and re-inserting might be your best bet, like you mentioned, but we'd be happy to take a closer look at this and see what we can do. Please submit a case using the link below so our support team can assist you further:

http://www.articulate.com/support/contact/submit.php

Thanks!  

Geert vdW

One year later, still the same issues are haunting us.

I've got quite a problem.

I made 7 E-Learning modules via Storyline.

6 are working properly, 1 is not.

The last one is changing fonts all over the place. I tried all the solutions above (text pad, cut, special paste, etc) but nothing seems to work!

I don't want to re-create the entire E-Learning as voice-overs are involved and this would take days to fix everything again.

Any new solutions since 2012?

Rebecca Hay

I had a problem with a company font way back in beta. Someone on staff looked at the issue and I think they did something on their end to let Storyline recognize that font.

As a best practice, I now use standard fonts all of the time. No matter what tool or program I'm using, I use only standard fonts. Makes life soooo much easier all around.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Geert and welcome to Heroes! 

What is different about this one course and it's font? Are you perhaps working on it on a network or usb drive? Is it a different font than the other 6 courses? Since 2012, we're  now on update 4 of Storyline, do you know which update you're using? You can check by going to the Help tab within Storyline and selecting About Articulate Storyline to see your update number. 

If, as Rebecca suggested, you'd like us to take a look at the course, we'd be happy to. Can you share your .story file here? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.