[E-Learning in Higher Education] Monthly Discussion - May 2012

May 03, 2012

Woo Hoo!  Storyline has just been released!  And it's an amazing tool that could help us create really stellar eLearning for our students!  What's that?  Oh, yes.  I did forget to mention that we work in higher education where the finances are often constrained, but the red tape is, um, well, let's just say it can be plentiful.

So what are we to do?

Time to share your advice and experience. Or heck, just feel free to express your excitement and/or frustration. But jump on in and let us know if you're hoping to purchase Storyline and how you successfully navigate the funding waters of Higher Ed!

6 Replies
Randy Borum

I'm glad you're hosting this monthly discussion, Mike.  I'm sure we'll all benefit from your expertise and from sharing ideas with one another.  Our university here was really just getting off the ground with Studio09.  I hope (fingers crossed) they will be getting some licenses for Storyline as well.  I gather you were one of the Beta testers, so you know better than I, but the possibilities for creating more dynamic and interactive content  are very exciting. - RB

Donna Carter

Quite honestly, I'm not even asking for funding for Storyline.  Right now, I am hard pressed to identify the differences between the tool and Lectora, which we already have.  However... I am very excited about the latest version of Studio.  It looks like there are some exciting changes coming and because Studio is so drastically different form Lectora, I'm hoping that we'll be able to get the upgrade.  If anyone can comment on the differences between Storyline and Lectora, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks.

Elizabeth Miles

I don't know much about Lectora, but after beta testing Storyline I can't imagine using any other software for eLearning development. There are absolutely no limits to what can be created with Storyline.  Better yet, iPad is one of the publishing options, which is a real bonus since I work in a nursing school where we have a mobile initiative.  Academic pricing is very competitive as well.

You can use Weebly to create a free online portfolio.  Some of our students have used it for projects, and even if you purchase a domain name and host through Weebly it's still very affordable.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.