Is it possible to connect items in pick many to matching drag/drop

May 05, 2012

I am trying to create an interaction where learners can pick 5 buttons in a pick many on one slide, submit it and it automatically only utilizes the 5 chosen for a matching drag and drop.  On the pick many there is no right/wrong 5 to choose so I want to be able to vary the matching drag and drop options.  Any ideas, is this even possible?

Thanks,

Jennifer

4 Replies
Leah Hemeon

Hi Jennifer,

You should be able to achieve this with triggers and states. On the first question have each object/shape trigger a change in a unique variable when clicked. On the second question, set the initial state as hidden for all of the same objects/shapes. Set triggers for "when timeline starts" to "change state" of each of the objects on condition that the assigned variable is equal to something. In my example I used a value of one.

I've put together a VERY rough example. Please forgive the simplicity of this... I hope it's what you're trying to achieve.

I didn't account for the learner clicking the objects and unclicking them again. I'm sure you could add additional triggers to 

reset the variables if the learner doesn't submit the question with those objects selected (e.g. they change their mind).

Anyway, I hope this helps!

saffir test

Very nice, thanks for sharing Leah.

I was trying to make it so the variable would reset to 0 when the user clicked again on a selected button.

But I can't seem to make it work.

Below is the trigger I added to RightArrow. Using this logic the variable has the wrong value - it has 0 when selected, and 1 when deselected. What am I missing?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.