More than two possible result screens?!

Mar 02, 2011

This might be an odd one - I want to create a quiz where there's no straight pass/fail result. Basically the idea is to have several multiple choice questions, each with three possible answers - one green, one orange, one red (like traffic lights!):

At the moment, if the person responds mainly 'green', I can send them to the 'Pass' screen (as the green ones are always the 'correct' answer); mainly 'red', I can send them to the Fail screen.

The tricky bit is the orange option, because if you are mainly selecting the orange answers it is just being marked as incorrect responses and going to the Fail screen. Ideally, I want it to be that if they answer 70-100% green answers = one 'green' result screen; 40-70% green answers = another result screen I can say is orange; 0-40% green answers = a third result screen I can say is red. Rather than one pass screen, one fail screen, I want three possible result screens.

Can anyone think of a way I could do something like this?! Any suggestions welcomed!

Thanks!

Steph

4 Replies
Jeanette Brooks

Hi Stephanie, and welcome! There isn't currently an option to set up more than 2 result slides in Quizmaker, but maybe an approach like this one would come close to what you're looking for:

https://player.vimeo.com/video/204926722

Basically it involves using the same info on both the pass and fail result slides. But if you design the slide to summarize all three categories of learners, the learners can interpret their score and figure out which category they fit into. Would that work for you?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.