Using single audio file across slides ?

Jun 09, 2012

Hi Guys,

Can we use one audio file across various slides , I want to insert some instrumental music over multiple slides , I remember we could do that in presenter any ideas for storyline ...

Regards,

Aman

Pinned Reply
Eric Santos

Hi everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 74, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the new features we've included is: 

• Create immersive experiences with continuous background audio that sets the tone and keeps learners engaged.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you have questions!

10 Replies
Jill McNair

Hi Aman,

So far this is not possible - would not be surprised to see this in a future version.  If you want, you can submit a feature request here.  The more requests they get for a feature, the more likely they are to add it!

There is a thread here where they talk adding background music to the entire presentation.

If you don't want music across the entire presentation, but instead just a few slides, consider building one slide with several layers.  The music can reside on the base layer of that slide.  Here is a thread about that.

Hope this helps!

Jill 

Bruce Graham

Jill McNair said:

Hi Aman,

So far this is not possible - would not be surprised to see this in a future version.  If you want, you can submit a feature request here.  The more requests they get for a feature, the more likely they are to add it!

There is a thread here where they talk adding background music to the entire presentation.

If you don't want music across the entire presentation, but instead just a few slides, consider building one slide with several layers.  The music can reside on the base layer of that slide.  Here is a thread about that.

Hope this helps!

Jill 

Very useful - thanks Jill.

Bruce

Graphic Design

Hi guys. I had the same query and I have been trying different methods to do that. We can add the required music into the slidemaster. By doing it this way, the audio will be playing for the entire slides. But 1 issue about that is, it will start from the beginning on next slides.

But adding a continuous music to the entire file is still a riddle for me, which I am trying to solve every now and then. 

Hope this solves 1 part of the issue.

Regards,

Jai.

Dan Graham

Hey guys. I had a client request this feature and couldn't find an elegant solution anywhere. I managed to come up with my own solution that allows Storyline to pull the audio files from the resources section. You can view a sample here... https://360.articulate.com/review/content/d2fa518a-c4fc-456b-afaf-e8e21a544242/review 

I had to create my own custom javascript, but I put together a video and a blog with all the javascript you'd need to recreate this effect on your own... https://digitallearning.studio/universal-audio_sl360/

Hope this helps! And happy Storylining!

-DG

Eric Santos

Hi everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 74, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the new features we've included is: 

• Create immersive experiences with continuous background audio that sets the tone and keeps learners engaged.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you have questions!