A new project which I'm pretty pleased with.

Jun 12, 2012

Hello everyone,

Although this project isn't as complex as some of the others I've created - it still has a lot of branching (which you probably won't even notice), some embedded camtasia clips (screencasts) and a few nice graphic features/animations.

I'm still amazed that you can use many of powerpoint's own graphic elements and colour schemes and end up with something that looks quite professional.

I've added the presentation to this page - http://smsc.opeus.org/home/free-interactive-smsc-presentation (I've put the screenshots and transcripts on the actual page for SEO reasons!)

See what you think. I enjoyed building it!

Thanks

Dan

11 Replies
Sarah Tinson

Hi Dan,

I love the look of it. Love how you maximise the screen size for the definitions - that's great.

And, the triangle and circles graphic animation is brilliant - I really like how you fade each circle out once the focus has moved on from that topic, then use the animations when you go into detail further on it. Looks great.

(did notice that 'spiritual' is spelt wrong on slide 2)

I'm just building a course at the moment with loads of branching - am impressed with what you've done.

Daniel Brigham

Hi, Daniel: I like the clean graphic design, nice work. Two minor suggestions:

1. Your slides are short, so I'm guessing your could increase the audio kpbs to 54 or so. I'm guessing right now you have "web delivery" selected. Increasing your kpbs rating will remove the phasing quality ( the ssssss sound of the audio.) You can do this under presentation options.

2. When you use brackets in your second and third points they don't really line up with the item above it. Maybe you could space out the material within the bracket so it lines up with what's above it. A small thing, but a graphic design thing nonetheless.

Again, nice work. Quite clean. --Daniel

Daniel O'Brien

Sarah Tinson said:

Hi Dan,

I love the look of it. Love how you maximise the screen size for the definitions - that's great.

And, the triangle and circles graphic animation is brilliant - I really like how you fade each circle out once the focus has moved on from that topic, then use the animations when you go into detail further on it. Looks great.

(did notice that 'spiritual' is spelt wrong on slide 2)

I'm just building a course at the moment with loads of branching - am impressed with what you've done.

Thanks for the spelling notification - it was on a crucial site, and as it was designed for teachers - a spelling mistake never goes down well!

Daniel O'Brien

Daniel Brigham said:

increase the audio kpbs to 54 or so. 

When you use brackets in your second and third points they don't really line up with the item above it. 

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the tips!

My last client requested audio was on the highest setting at all times!

Not sure what you mean about the brackets? Which brackets?

I do care - as I'm a stickler for clean, organised layouts.

Thanks

Dan

Daniel Brigham

Hi, Daniel:

1. Check your audio settings under presentation options: if you increase the audio bitrate, you should get a less compressed sound.

2. Re: red brackets: for example, on the Citizenship page, make sure the all caps word just to the left of the brackets lines up with the left edge of the Citizenship circle. The brackets are sort of centered-aligned, though. Maybe that's what you were going for. --Daniel

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.