Thanks, Gerry. I tried to recover the file through my IT dept, to no avail. But since there's no use crying over spilled milk, I decided to rebuild it. Fortunately, I had a hard copy (Published the course in Word to gather feedback), so I just had to piece everything back together. The text and images were lined up again in 12 hours work. The activities hurt the most, since I had 50+ triggers on each of the 3 activities in the course - which is what I am rebuilding now.
I have started saving everything on my hard drive and am uploading copies to the shared drive at every milestone - just to be safe!
I try to always learn from my mistakes.