hiding the next previous buttons

Jesse Kramer

133 posts

Posted Wednesday, August 01, 2012 at 12:33 PM  

Is there a way to hide the Previouse Next buttons on the Storyline player while a swf file I have insterted on the slide plays? I have set a triger so that users cannot progress to the next screen until a specified amount of time has passed. I did this by inserting an audio file of silence and setting varialbes.

This post has 0 verified answers

All Replies

User Rank Kevin Thorn

1,507 posts

Posted Wednesday, August 01, 2012 at 12:37 PM  

Hi Jesse,

Yes, set a trigger: Change the State of > Next Button > to Hidden > When Timeline Starts.

This will not show the Next button initially.

Then set a trigger: Change the State of > Next Button > to Normal > When Media Completes > [name of swf file]

That should work without the need for any variables.

Jesse Kramer

133 posts

Posted Wednesday, August 01, 2012 at 12:42 PM  

I had thought of that but the On Object menu does not show the Previous Next buttons. It only shows the objects on the two layers I have for that slide? Where do I make the selection for the Previous and Next buttons?

User Rank Kevin Thorn

1,507 posts

Posted Wednesday, August 01, 2012 at 1:12 PM  

My bad. Misunderstood.

You're correct in that Storyline doesn't allow to change the state of the default Next and Prev buttons. 

Possible options:

1. Add your own custom navigation buttons to the slide and follow the above

2. Deactivate the default player navigation buttons and set a trigger to advance to the next slide when the media completes.

Jesse Kramer

133 posts

Posted Thursday, August 02, 2012 at 7:41 AM  

This is certainly functionality I'll want to explore for my next project. We don't have time to explore this right now. Is there a demo you could direct me to so I could get start exploring how to do this?