[Bug] Following Update #1, storyline cropping top of frame

Aug 15, 2012

Hi, Support Team

I installed the recent Storyline Update #1.

Since then, I've noticed slides published or previewed are not properly proportional to / aligning with the slide working area. About 3mm or 4mm is being cut off both the top and bottom of slides is being cut off.

Here's an example:

In edit mode:

You can see the black border on the green object and the thin white strip across the top (just for the purpose of this demo. The thin grey border is the background so the slide didn't melt into the page on this post).

Also, notice the amount of space between the baseline of the footer text and the edge of the slide.

In Preview:

You can see that both the border and the white space at the top disappear! And the space at the bottom has also been reduced.

I noticed this because I opened up a course created a couple of weeks ago and suddenly things were out of alignment with the SlideMasters and were cramped at the top where previously they weren't.

ALL slides created in the pre-update1 version of Storyline now display incorrectly for me in this way.

If your tech team could look into this and release a bug-fix sooner rather than later, that would be great.

Thanks very much,

Leslie

13 Replies
El Burgaluva

Hi, Brian

Thanks for responding. Support also contacted me saying they couldn't reproduce the issue with the example file I sent them. They, too, suggested using a non-customised player. However... I don't believe I am using a customised player.

Further to this, I spoke with two of my colleagues about it on Friday and they're also having the same issue since Update #1.

So I'm not sure what can be done and I'm concerned that when it does get resolved, any courses built with this "slimming" version (Storyline Update #1 is the new black) will need all their layouts fixed.

I fully appreciate that it's hard to deal with an issue you can't replicate at your end, but I'm not the only one experiencing it so it can't just be my installation.

Thanks for your help,

Leslie

Brian Batt

El Burgaluva said:

Hi, Brian

Thanks for responding. Support also contacted me saying they couldn't reproduce the issue with the example file I sent them. They, too, suggested using a non-customised player. However... I don't believe I am using a customised player.

Further to this, I spoke with two of my colleagues about it on Friday and they're also having the same issue since Update #1.

So I'm not sure what can be done and I'm concerned that when it does get resolved, any courses built with this "slimming" version (Storyline Update #1 is the new black) will need all their layouts fixed.

I fully appreciate that it's hard to deal with an issue you can't replicate at your end, but I'm not the only one experiencing it so it can't just be my installation.

Thanks for your help,

Leslie

Hi Leslie,

We are able to replicate the issue on our end.  In our testing, we can resolve the issue by publishing with the default player in SL.  I'm currently working with Dev to see if there's another way to workaround the issue.

Nancy,

Can you specify what other types of bugs you are seeing?  I'm only aware of a few issues that occur in rare circumstances.

Nancy Woinoski

Hi Brian - the big one that  I found was that I could no longer import storyline files - (the files I was trying to import contained screen recordings (view and try examples) produced in Storyline. The import would pull in empty screens with the correct scene names.

I thought maybe my main storyline file was corrupt so tried importing into a new file but it still did not work. So I uninstalled the update and reinstalled the original version 1 and the import worked fine.

The other thing I found was that  keyboard accessibility stopped working on some of my buttons - could not figure out why it worked for some and not others but figured out that the buttons that stopped working had customized roll over states (I added text to some).

I would like to be able to re-install the update because I really, really could use the translation export but...

Brian Batt

Nancy Woinoski said:

Hi Brian - the big one that  I found was that I could no longer import storyline files - (the files I was trying to import contained screen recordings (view and try examples) produced in Storyline. The import would pull in empty screens with the correct scene names.

I thought maybe my main storyline file was corrupt so tried importing into a new file but it still did not work. So I uninstalled the update and reinstalled the original version 1 and the import worked fine.

The other thing I found was that  keyboard accessibility stopped working on some of my buttons - could not figure out why it worked for some and not others but figured out that the buttons that stopped working had customized roll over states (I added text to some).

I would like to be able to re-install the update because I really, really could use the translation export but...

Thanks Nancy.  Yes, your button issue appears to be project-specific.  Not sure what is causing it.  However, we're looking into it.

Regarding the screencasts, that's a known issue.  We'll have that resolved in a future update.

Brian Batt
James Brandwood

Thanks Brian - woks for me - but I've got to ask, how on Earth did you figure out that would fix the issue??

I'm not sure what worries me more, that I did the update to fix a peristent problem, which it didn't and I just ended up with more problems, or the fact that such a bizzare work around works.

Can anyone let me know if we have to do that work around for every project we make unitil the next update rolls along? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.