Trigger for the Previous Button

Aug 20, 2012

I know there were several threads on this topic but I am still not able to make the previous button go to the previous slide in sequence instead of the last viewed slide. I am using the trial version fo storyline and downloaded and installed updated 1, restarted my computer and I am still not able to make the previous button work the way we need it to work. May be, I don't know how to do it. Can someone fill me in on this? Thanks in advanced.

If I customize the previous and next buttons, my screen real estate is reduced because the 2 created buttons take up space in the main display window unlike the default ones that are placed in it's own bottom strip. We need to screen size real estate because our images used on the slides are large and high resolution (human anatomy course). Using the even that bit of space for custom buttons is not good for us. We need the previous button to go the previous slide "X-1" if the current slide is "X".

6 Replies
Ivy Tan

Thanks Brian,

Do I do this by manually creating custom previous and next buttons or can I change the default settings of the default buttons? The default previous button is not customizable. I don't see options for pointing the previous button to the previous slide.

As you can imagine. We are very upset with this seemingly small issue. I spent a whole day trying to figure out how the previous button can be made to point to the previous slide. I could have spent the time on building custom previous and next buttons for every slide. I prefer to use the default buttons if possible.

Brian Allen

Sorry, just re-read your post and saw that you are on the most recent update.

You need to make sure that the previous button is enabled for your slides.  Then you can create a new player level trigger targeting the default previous button, and assign it to the previous slide in your linear progression.

I've attached a sample story file...

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.