Page 1 of 2 (57 items)

Clock Animation in PPT

Angie Martinez

29 posts

Posted Tuesday, November 06, 2012 at 12:54 PM  

I've enjoyed (and gotten a lot of use out of) the many graphics and templates shared by the Articulate community. I've attached a few clock animations I created and have used in various e-learning courses. It's created in PowerPoint, so you can change the look and animation. I hope you find these useful!

Clocks.pptx

All Replies

Saenna B Ahman

72 posts

Posted Tuesday, November 06, 2012 at 1:19 PM  

Angie thank you so much! these are really nice & I know I will definately find a use for them. i love how this community shares so much, thanks again !

User Rank David Anderson

3,186 posts

Posted Tuesday, November 06, 2012 at 2:08 PM  

The hits keep on coming! These PowerPoint graphics are great, Angie! Thank you.

Andrew Sellon

138 posts

Posted Tuesday, November 06, 2012 at 2:16 PM  

Lovely, Angie!  Now I have to think about how to use one of these....  Thanks for sharing!  

Sarah Tinson

118 posts

Posted Tuesday, November 06, 2012 at 4:53 PM  

Angie these are great! I actually gasped when I ran the animations! I'm working on a compliance course at the moment so will use one of these treasures in the slide about completing in a timely manner.....  (is it overkill to use all of them on one slide?? )

Many thanks

Sarah.

Angie Martinez

29 posts

Posted Wednesday, November 07, 2012 at 6:25 AM  

I think a few people were having trouble downloading the pptx. Here it is saved as PPT, too, just in case!

Clocks.ppt

Posted Monday, November 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM  

Thank you!  I was just about to mock up some clocks myself for a program I'm doing and here you are, saving me some valuable time!

Susan Parnell

133 posts

Posted Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 4:44 AM  

Simple question, but can the clock be resized and added as an object to another template?

Bryan Tregunna

37 posts

Posted Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM  

Brilliant.  And to adapt:

1. Delete the hour hand, 
  2. Change the rotation to anticlockwise (counterclockwise) and
  3. In Advanced Timeline, extend the duration to one minute 
and you have a one minute countdown!

Angie Martinez

29 posts

Posted Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 4:26 PM  

Susan Parnell said:

Simple question, but can the clock be resized and added as an object to another template?

Hi Susan, what template are you thinking of adding them to? They're illustrations built in powerpoint, so they are editable and you could resize them (although it may require some tweaking).

Angie Martinez

29 posts

Posted Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 4:29 PM  

Bryan Tregunna said:

Brilliant.  And to adapt:

1. Delete the hour hand, 
  2. Change the rotation to anticlockwise (counterclockwise) and
  3. In Advanced Timeline, extend the duration to one minute 
and you have a one minute countdown!

Great idea, Bryan! Love the idea of a one minute countdown. Thanks for sharing!

Susan Parnell

133 posts

Posted Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 1:16 AM  

Hi Angie

Thanks. I'm thinking of adding it as an animated image that goes alongside some text so I'll make it smaller. I've started to play around with it, and managed to get it smaller, thanks!

Posted Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM  

Making Angie's clocks go tictoc. First attempt.

Had to go back to Powerpoint (guess Presenter would have sufficed) to do this one.

Hope you like it.

tictoc.wmv

Posted Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 8:16 PM  

Angie,  Love the clocks!  Has anyone tried to import them into Storyline?  I changed the time so it counts 10 minutes but when it gets to Storyline, it still does the full rotation.  Thanks!  

Posted Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 11:45 PM  

Hi Heather. At present that is the one major limitation of Storyline (the way it handles animation that we kinda used to in Powerpoint).

A work around is to do the animation as you require in Powerpoint - then save file as a wmv (windows media video) file. Then insert this into Articulate as a video. See attached.

clock_in_Storyline.story

Posted Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 5:58 AM  

Thanks, all. Alphonso, great idea converting the animation to a wmv file. That method will be handy for other animations too.

Page 1 of 2 (57 items)