Corrupt project... was almost done.

Apr 14, 2011

Hi everyone,

My project was one line to be finished this week, and when I opened my PowerPoint this morning it said, something to the gist of, "the file is corrupt and any affected slides will appear as blank." 

All the slides look fine, but when I try to use Engage the whole program PPT and Articulate freeze up. 

Is it best to start over and leave behind this file?  Can I insert my stand alone Engage files into the new presentation?  Can I also copy and paste the old slides or will their corrupt dirtiness come along too??

Too new too know what to do! Help!  thank you!

-Katie

12 Replies
Phil Mayor

Hi Katie

It happens, you should be able to copy the slides into another presentation and reinsert the engage interactions.  It is possible that you have something corrupt on one of those slides so dont be suprised if you get the message again (If this happens I would copy and paste in batches, close then reopen it should be easy this way to find the dodgy image etc).

There is some good info here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011168781033.aspx

Hope this helps

Phil

Dave Neuweiler

Did you get this message?:

“PowerPoint was unable to display some of the text, images, or objects as slides in the file (name) because they have become corrupt. Affected slides have been replaced by blank slides in the presentation and it is not possible to recover lost information. To ensure that the file can be opened in previous versions of PowerPoint, use the Save As command and save the file with the same name or a new name.”

If you did, it may be because of a Microsoft update to PowerPoint.

Please read this post:

http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/136048-powerpoint-2003-was-unable-to-display-some-of-the-text-images-error

Deleting update KB 2464588 fixed it for me.

Best Regards,

Dave

Lou Mang

I'm having this same problem currently. Just popped up out of no where. When I add certain Articulate elements to my ppt file save and then reopen the file i get the message:

“PowerPoint was unable to display some of the text, images, or objects as slides in the file (name) because they have become corrupt. Affected slides have been replaced by blank slides in the presentation and it is not possible to recover lost information. To ensure that the file can be opened in previous versions of PowerPoint, use the Save As command and save the file with the same name or a new name.”

I get blank slides.

The hotfix doesn't work.

Anyone experience this lately?

Christie Pollick

Hi, Lou -- So sorry to hear that you are having this trouble and that the hotfix did not work for you. Just to confirm, were you working on a network drive at the time the corruption occurred (to your knowledge)? Working anywhere other than on your local C: drive can cause corruption, the inability to save changes, and more. 

I would recommend that you reach out to our Support Engineers directly for further assistance using this form, and I will be on the lookout for your case to share relevant updates here in the thread. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.