Congratulations, Stephanie! What a great example
* First, I love your use of stick figures, and you have so many poses! Did you draw them yourself?
* Bringing the different sections down as books on the shelf was a great idea, and I like the moving illustrations for each section. The transition from the book (which didn’t get all the way down to the shelf) to the computer screen was a bit abrupt.
* Within the Method sections, the activity was very smooth, staying on one screen (visually) and adding the elements as you talk about them.
* The descriptions of your methods are great, although sometimes you may be talking a little fast.
* I did have some trouble at first figuring out the navigation.
Overall, in my opinion, this an excellent offering and clearly shows the advantage of dynamic “learning” (although not a training course).
Content section, Time 1:31
* Below the words “filter & reduce” “storyboard” is several lines of text I can’t read. Saw these again in Design.
* Also, when I clicked Content again to replay it, the screencast played only the last phrase you said.
* I tried clicking on Strategy to see if I could sneak up on it, but Content this time showed a blank screen and no sound.
* Then clicking on Design brought up the Design mode correctly, although with a slight pause.
* However, each time I clicked on Deliver it stayed on the Design screen.
* BTW, when I clicked Strategy the second time it showed all the graphics, but again played only the last phrase. When I tried clicking Strategy again, it returned to the screen that shows before Strategy, then automatically went to the Strategy screen.
I was impressed by the layout of the introductory screen of the Portfolio, but thought the subsequent screens (after clicking on one of the three options) could use some narration to set the stage.
When I went back to the Portfolio introduction after looking at the Recent Work section, the photograph for that section didn’t display.
One consistency problem in this section was the method of closing sceens:
* Current Work section zoomed the graphic when I clicked on the photo and had no identified way of closing the screen. I closed by clicking on the graphic again.
* Recent Work section descriptions of each project contained a red X marker for closing the window. BTW, I like how you organized projects under industries and again, like the casual feel of drawings.
* Past Work section descriptions of each project contained a black X marker, slightly bigger than the red X marker, for closing the window.
Although I really do like the hand writing and drawing, I thought putting the arrow and Portfolio as a back button was unexpected. I did not expect to click on handwriting.
You may not have planned for someone to return to an area once they’ve read it, but you never know!
After you show the message “It looks like you’ve explored the entire site!” only the About Me book was on the shelf. I did go through each book, although didn’t click every link. The books that were not on the shelf were masked by a transparent white box.
At that point, clicking Home no longer worked.
Hope this helps,