Audio yes or no?

Dec 11, 2012

To Audio or Not To Audio... that is the question.

I have a Storyline presentation with some rather lengthy Captivate software demos embedded into it. I have speech bubbles on most slides, but am wondering if I should include spoken audio with the speech bubbles. About 1/2 of my users will have access to headphones, while the others may or may not.

What would the benefits be of adding spoken audio?

Does anyone have any great ideas?

4 Replies
Melissa Chiaramonti

Depends.

Will you add additional context to the text with the audio or will you just read what's in the bubbles (which can hinder comprehension) ? For the learners without headphones, will they hear the audio anyway - or do they not have access to sound cards?

Does it authenticiity and help the learner gain understanding through connecting with the material? It might be useful to browse this little flash module about use of audio in courses from Cathee Moore's website.

Jeanne Bernui

Melissa Chiaramonti said:

Depends.

Will you add additional context to the text with the audio or will you just read what's in the bubbles (which can hinder comprehension) ? For the learners without headphones, will they hear the audio anyway - or do they not have access to sound cards?

Does it authenticiity and help the learner gain understanding through connecting with the material? It might be useful to browse this little flash module about use of audio in courses from Cathee Moore's website.

That's a great resource, Melissa, and spot on about the use of audio.  Thanks for sharing!  

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.