How to make a desktop calendar that flips pages?

Jill Freeman

196 posts

Posted Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 5:01 PM  

During the SL Beta, I remember seeing a cool technique that someone had created that simulated pages flipping or turning. I think it was like the desk calendars where you tear off the daily page each day.

Does anyone know where I can find it or have any ideas? Thanks!

This post has 0 verified answers

All Replies

Posted Friday, December 14, 2012 at 7:55 AM  

Hi Jill,

There are a couple of different threads floating around that may be helpful with what you're looking to do, but I think this one may be the one you're looking for. Let me know

Thanks!

Christine

Jill Freeman

196 posts

Posted Friday, December 14, 2012 at 9:45 AM  

Hi, Christine. This is a great interaction, too. But I think the one I saw had the pages of a calendar peel off or fly off. Can you point me to the other threads? I searched but didn't find much. Thanks!

Posted Friday, December 14, 2012 at 10:55 AM  

Hi Jill,

On a second look, I suppose all the of results I found earlier wouldn't quite accomplish what you're looking for. Sorry about that!

However, I did find some other examples that you might like:

Create a flipping calendar/number element in #powerpoint for your #articulate #elearning courses. (With PowerPoint, so may not be the one you're looking for)

Flipbook Engage Interaction (another Engage tutorial, but I really like the page turn effect - you could insert the interaction into Storyline)

I couldn't find anything specific to calendars, though. Do you remember if it was a forum post, or a tutorial?

Thanks!

Christine