Storyline FAQ Ineraction slide - is there a better way?

Dec 16, 2012

Hello All,

I'm working on a string of courses and each one of them needs to have a FAQ. I was looking for some more ideas on how to build something like this or make it better. I only have Storyline so I can't import an Engage interaction I don't have and can't build (although it would make it alot easier from what I've seen).

How do you incorporate FAQ's into your Storyline projects? Here's what I've come up with so far.

22 Replies
Rick Nusz

Thanks for the reply Bruce!

I was going for something like I saw in one of Tom's demos:

where the answers to the questions seem to 'slide' out. Maybe I'm trying to be to fancy about it. I'll take a look at the one included with storyline and see if it suits my purpose.

Any other feedback on how others handle FAQ in thier courses is greatly appreciated!

Rick

Nancy Woinoski

Rick Nusz said:

Thanks for the reply Bruce!

I was going for something like I saw in one of Tom's demos:

where the answers to the questions seem to 'slide' out. Maybe I'm trying to be to fancy about it. I'll take a look at the one included with storyline and see if it suits my purpose.

Any other feedback on how others handle FAQ in thier courses is greatly appreciated!

Rick

I have not looked at Tom's demo, but it looks like he is using one of the standard Engage interactions in the pic you have posted.  If you have Engage (and don't need the course to run in iOS or html5) you could always create the FAQ using the Engage interaction and then  create a custom player tab and have the FAQ open in a lightbox.

Rick Nusz

Thanks for the reply Nancy! Unfortunately I don't have Engage, so I'm trying to figure out ways to simulate the functionality of that product. i've only been playing with storyline for about two weeks now and I can definately say that I know way more today then I did that first day. These forums are awsome and I've picked up alot from them.

Bruce: I tried the built in FAQ Interaction in Storyline and, of course, it works, but it seems to take up quite a bit of real estate. Although it does give me more ideas of ways I can use different aspects of Storyline to accomplish different things. Learn something new everyday!

Rick Nusz

I just tried Tim's techniques and found it really easy to set up with google docs & web objects! I didn't even know I was capable of that!

Jeanette: I'm still playing around with the markers to see if I can get the 'look' I'm going for.

I saw something somewhere that said "You don't know what you don't know."

This little exercise with the FAQ has shown me jsut how true that is (for me at least).

Thanks for all the input so far!

Rick

Rick Nusz

Thanks for the encouragment, Jeanette! I credit the following for what you see in the story file:

Hot-spot Menu

Ron Price:  http://www.articulate.com/support/kb_article.php?product=st1&id=bqkbyjxpn7nh

Google Docs as Web Objects

Tim Hillier: http://training.mdambulance.com/moodle/mod/resource/view.php?id=605

FAQ Template

Bruce Graham: for pointing out the FAQ Interaction Template

Simulated tooltips

Screenr (where I initially got the idea): https://player.vimeo.com/video/149066335

Thanks for all the great ideas!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.