Player Template Changes

Jan 18, 2013

I need help in adding additional buttons to the top of the player template in Studio 9.  Specificially I need to add a button that allows me to have a drop down menu and a navigation engage interaction.  I know it can be done as I've seen other programs using this feature, I am just not sure how to create the same effect.

1 Reply
Jeanette Brooks

Hi Trish! Here's how you can add a player tab to the top of your Articulate Presenter player to contain your "how to navigate" interaction. (A lot of people like to use a Labeled Graphic interaction for this, like Tracy Parish describes in this blog post.)

Once you've created and saved your interaction in Engage, you can insert your interaction as a tab in your Articulate Presenter course like this:

1. In your PowerPoint file, click Engage Interaction on your Articulate menu.
  2. When the "Quizzes and Interactions" window pops up, choose Player Tabs from the left-hand side of the window. 
  3. Then click Add Existing and find the Engage interaction you created. 

Here's a tutorial that explains more: http://community.articulate.com/tutorials/products/adding-an-engage-interaction-to-your-course.aspx (scroll to the part that says "#2: Insert an Interaction as a Tab On Your Player." 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.