Jeopardy template for Storyline

Feb 19, 2013

Hello!

I've been working on making assessments for a few different courses, so naturally the first idea I had was a Jeopardy style review game. I came here to find some templates, but, not being a particularly masterful user, found them a bit obscure for me.

Attached is the template I've created out of two of the others found on this board. It's pretty simple and self-explanatory.

Please use this to your advantage, alter it in any way you'd like, and share any questions/feedback.

Thank you!

29 Replies
Alphonso Hendricks

Hi Kevin

thought I'd add fully developed Jeopardy game. 

Alter everything about it to suit your needs. I use it to test whether learners, who pass through our research institute, have picked any information along the way.

It penalises contestants who take too long (determined by length of music piece)

Regards

Alphonso.

Robert Noska

@Jennifer- You can create a character selection by using a variable.  There were posts in the past about how to do it, but I was having a hard time finding one that explained it.  Basically you assign a variable to each character, then in future slides depending upon the initial selection you change the state of the character.

In this example, the male character= 1 and the female = 2.

Then on future slides, you add a state to the initial character to match the other character:

And to make them change on the slide, you create this trigger on all slides the character will show up on:

Hope that helps, if anybody can find one of those original posts, it might be more helpful.  I believe they had a screenr showing the breakdown of those steps.

Good luck!

Claire Z

Hi Kevin, thanks so much for sharing the template! I'm relatively new to Storyline, so I wonder where to and how I can make changes to questions and answer options. I imported the template to Storyline and can see the main screen with boxes and points.

Kevin Van Bell said:

Hello!

I've been working on making assessments for a few different courses, so naturally the first idea I had was a Jeopardy style review game. I came here to find some templates, but, not being a particularly masterful user, found them a bit obscure for me.

Attached is the template I've created out of two of the others found on this board. It's pretty simple and self-explanatory.

Please use this to your advantage, alter it in any way you'd like, and share any questions/feedback.

Thank you!

Claire Z

never mind. found Layers! Thanks again

Kevin Van Bell said:

Hello!

Thank you!

John Harker

Hi Andre! Here are my thoughts for adding slides based on user performance:

1. Create a button on the results screen, something to the effect of "continue to course review." Set the button's initial state to "hidden."
  2. Add a variable to the results screen: Change state of [button you added] to normal when [%TotalScore%] is less than or equal to [whatever number you decide]
  3. When the user clicks the button, it then takes them to the first slide of the remediation that you have built.

Great idea, something I will definately be adding in the future. Let me know if you have trouble executing it and I'll try and post an updated game when I have a chance.

Alphonso Hendricks

as promised, find attached JEOPARDY template file

To poll audience, I use http://www.polleverywhere.com/

Click on "Minute to win it" icon to activate music and countdown clock - once participant has read question (challenge) and is ready to answer or tackle challenge (e.g. build a tower of cards)

I use current show with high school learners who visit our research centre. Each question (challenge) ends with a video clip or practical demo of answer. You can alter it to suit your environment. 

Enjoy

Alphonso