Feb 28, 2013

hi

i have more text (20 lines text ) so,

will i set scroll bar to text box in articulate storyline

its possible or not ,if not means what's the solution

18 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi there Prakash,

I'm afraid I'm having a little difficulty understanding your question. I think you're asking whether or not text will scroll automatically, if you have a large amount of text. 

It depends how you're displaying and entering this text. If you've placed this text on your slide in a text box, you'll want to place it inside of a Scrolling Panel.

Can you give me a little more information about what's happening, or what you'd like to do, please?

Thanks!

Peter Anderson

Melissa Weaver said:

I'm trying to do this for a presentation; however, Scrolling Panel isn't listed on the Insert tab in PPT 2010 for me. Am I looking in the wrong tab?

Hi Melissa, welcome to the community!

It sounds like you're using Presenter, and unfortunately, the Scrolling Panel feature is currently only available in Storyline. 

mark powley

Christine Hendrickson said:

I think you're asking whether or not text will scroll automatically, if you have a large amount of text. 

It depends how you're displaying and entering this text. If you've placed this text on your slide in a text box, you'll want to place it inside of a Scrolling Panel.

I did not see an answer to if the scroll panel could be set up to "automatically scroll" through a large amount of text.  Could you supply a bit more info on that?

Thanks

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mark and welcome to Heroes! 

The scroll panels won't automatically scroll through the text, if you wanted there to be an element of automation to seeing the text you'd need to set that up as a type of animation, or do a screen recording while you scroll through a section of text and insert that into your Storyline file. 

Dee Parker

Hi Ashley,

I was reading this thread with interest. I was also looking for an auto-scroll feature to use on an Acknowledgements page, so that it could scroll like credits in a movie, but with the flexibility of having the scroll bar for users to scroll back through the listing if it scrolls by too quickly for them. Do you know if a feature request has been made for this type of functionality?

Thanks,

Dee

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.