Quiz Properties: Quality ... fails

May 17, 2011

I am trying to set the quiz properties (audio in particular) so they don't sound terrible in contrast to the rest of the module I am working on. (First time I've played with this feature.) When I change the settings, indicating custom and selecting the JPG compression and bit rate, and then OK out of that dialog box, the new settings don't stick. They instantly revert to the default, web delivery.I've tried repeatedly, restarted Articulate, rebooted, etc. No luck. Any suggestions? TIA...

12 Replies
Brian Batt

Hi George,

If you have published a Quizmaker ‘09 quiz into a Presenter ‘09 presentation and later adjust the Quality settings in your quiz, you may find that the quality changes are not reflected in your presentation. This issue was resolved with Articulate Quizmaker '09 Update 6. You can upgrade to the latest version by following the steps outlined here:

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/kb/?p=2137

Peter Anderson

Welcome to Heroes, Daniel!

The suggested workaround is:

1. Open any .QUIZ directly in Quizmaker (Do not use Presenter for this test)

2. Proceed with publishing this .QUIZ file for the web

3. Go back to your quiz in Quizmaker and change the quality setting

4. Publish this again for the web and double-check if the settings were applied 

If the quality settings were applied, please open your project in Presenter then edit the quiz in it. Try to change the quality settings again and proceed with publishing this. This should now allow you to save the quality settings for your quiz once you have published your project. 

If that doesn't do the trick for you, please feel free to submit your own case here. Thanks!

Daniel Lynn

Thank you Peter for your quick response and help. This workaround does work. I asume I will have to go through tihis process for each Quizmaker file I wish quality control over. Is this true? Is there a patch in the works? Will the next version fix bugs and interface issues? Not having grid control to the pixel in quizmaker is painful at times also.

Thanks!

Peter Anderson

Hey Daniel!

Glad that did the trick; sorry it's a bit time consuming. I'm not aware of a patch at this time, but perhaps a fellow community member can lead you to one. As far as future versions and what may or may not be included, it's not our policy to discuss that, but we DO take our feature requests very seriously and we read every one of them. Thanks for your input!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.