Imported Engage Interactions Not Restricted in Navigation

Apr 05, 2013

I have used the first process described on this page to restrict users from navigating an SL course until the timeline finishes.

http://www.articulate.com/support/kb_article.php?product=st1&id=3nq6s9jfveap

It works well on simple PowerPoint slides, but on an imported Engage interaction, I am still able to click on the "Next" button to advance without viewing all steps/tabs in the interaction.

In Articulate Presenter, we are able to restrict navigation until all steps are viewed, but those Properties aren't available from the SL interface.  Has anyone been able to correct this?  If I have to rebuild the interactions, is there a quick source for all Engage-like interactions, and would the navigation be easily restricted in the way I described?

5 Replies
Hector Martinez

Peter Anderson said:

Hi Hector, 

You may need to restrict the navigation in the Engage interaction itself since it is imported into Storyline as a web object, thus Storyline navigation won't work with it. 

Let us know if that works...

I'll give it a shot, but it looks like these controls are for within the interaction, where the SL controls to advance the slide are outside of it, and that's what I'm trying to restrict. 

Hector Martinez

Mike Enders said:

And if you're looking to build them in Storyline, you'll find many of the same types of interactions in the templates area when you go to insert a new slide.  From there, a combination of triggers can help you restrict the navigation until a learner views all areas.

Mike, I tried the Tabs interaction from the Community area, and it might work.  But not sure how to set the conditions to not allow the user to advance unless they clicked and viewed all tabs.  I know how to hide the "Next" button when the timeline starts, but would the show next trigger be a function of a timeline completion, or a condition that combines the viewer seeing all 6 tabs?

I think it's the latter, but wanted to make sure you can hide via timeline, but then show via a trigger with multiple triggers.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.