New Illustrated Character - Alex

Aug 13, 2013

Hey everyone,

I thought I post this up there to get some feedback from everyone. I just finished creating a new illustrated character 

Some of you already know that I will be opening an online store (visual-e-learning.com) that will sell characters specifically designed to be used in e-learning modules. From some of the feedback I received, it seems like there is a need for industrial characters (police, firefighters, construction) and I've already started creating more characters in those areas.

I wanted to put the demo file here because this community has always been so great at providing feedback.  

Here is the storyline file  - Download

Install:
1. Close Storyline application if it is running
2. Copy the .acp file to C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Articulate\Characters\Illustrated
3. Start Storyline and enjoy!

If you don't have storyline you can download the png files.  Just mix and match.

Again I appreciate any feedback. You can post it here or send it to my email info(at)visual-e-learning.com

Thanks everyone.

Jerson

EDIT

Just wanted to let everyone know that Visual-e-Learning.com is open and has 4 characters ready with more on the way. There are also some items for that other rapid e-learning development software.

53 Replies
Jerson  Campos

@ Angela,

Another customer also mentioned that it downloaded as a .zip file instead of an .acp. I wonder if the computer changes during the download, but I've never heard of that happening before.  I'll see what I can do to so that it doesn't happen. maybe put the  acp file in a zip file too?  But to fix it just rename the file to .zip  to .acp.

@ Jeff

The acp file is just a container for all the files inside. I just zip it up and then rename it.  The hard part is getting the images correct and the metadata correct. 

@Harri,

Yes,  you'll have to install this on every pc that has SL on it only if you want to modify it later on.

If you create a module for a client (who also has SL) and have the character in it, and then pass the files on, the character will still be on the slides he was on, but can no longer be modified (change poses or expressions). It becomes "baked in". It won't default to another character like fonts do. 

@everyone, 

Thanks for the compliments,  I plan on opening up the online store within two weeks and offering a variety of characters.  I'll also be doing different styles as well.

Anna Veach

I don't know if you included any in your illustrations, but I work with call center employees and characters with a phone headset are super helpful! Plus including the options of the character holding a phone (to represent a customer calling in) would be wonderful as well. Perhpas you alreayd included them but I thought I'd just throw it out there.

Looks good from what I've seen!

Jerson  Campos

Just wanted to let everyone know that Visual-e-Learning.com is open and has 2 characters ready with a third one on the way. There are also some items for that other rapid e-learning development software.

Alex isn't available yet. He had an incident at a cat lovers convention while doing a presentation with a laser pointer. He should be back soon.

Jerson  Campos

Hey Cheng,

Try looking in either of these locations

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Articulate\Characters\Illustrated  or

C:\Program Files \Common Files\Articulate\Characters\Illustrated

It's not in the articulate folder itself, but in a common folder. I'm thinking this is a shared folder among articulate products, much like adobe does.  

And BTW -  Alex should be available this week with a few changes.

Cheng Li

Jerson campos said:

Hey Cheng,

Try looking in either of these locations

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Articulate\Characters\Illustrated  or

C:\Program Files \Common Files\Articulate\Characters\Illustrated

It's not in the articulate folder itself, but in a common folder. I'm thinking this is a shared folder among articulate products, much like adobe does.  

And BTW -  Alex should be available this week with a few changes.

Hi Jerson,

Thanks for the help and the update. BTW, is this character same as the character bundle sold by Articulate? Or is it created by you?

Thanks!

Cheng

Jerson  Campos

It's 100% created by me.

Other than the illustrated characters that come with the storyline software, I'm not aware of any bundle that Articulate sells.  As far as I know, I'm the only one that is creating new illustrated characters that integrate into storyline. You can check out my site if you like.  Visual-e-learning.com.  

BTW, I have two more characters that will be released this week.

Jerson  Campos

Hey Gayla,

Thanks for the info about the link.  I'll be working on some female characters soon. My next release will be two children characters (boy and girl). After that I plan to release 3-4 female characters in similar styles to the current selection.   I think it would be fun to do characters from different time periods,  I'm currently on a old western kick and doing a cowboy would be fun.  It'll have to wait though after I build a good variety of characters.

@ Natalie,

It would be cool to be able to select different clothing on the same character, but the system storyline uses isn't that really advanced. I would have to create the same characters with different clothing or recreate each pose with the new clothing.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.