Advance to the next slide after a drag and drop

Sep 30, 2013

Help me please! I'm trying to advance to the next slide after a drag and drop interaction on the condition that all of the images have been dropped correct (therefore the learner has gone to the correct layer and come back to the base slide in 6 situations.) On the trigger list, the slide trigger comes before the object triggers, I would like to try switching the order, but the blue arrows don't show. Is this the correct way to go about this? Should I have done some sort of variable instead?

Thank you!!!

Jordan

13 Replies
Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

Hi Jordan,

Welcome to the community!

Perhaps others understand what you're trying to achieve and will respond. For me, I'm a little unclear when you say, "... the learner has gone to the correct layer and come back to the base slide in 6 situations.)

Would you able able to upload that slide and give us a better idea what you mean?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for sharing the file - I took a look at your example, and after dragging all six items to the correct states, I was able to move onto a new blank slide that I added. Since you've added conditions to your "jump to slide trigger" the order that it appears in the trigger panel is not what's determining order but that all conditions have been met. Please let me know if I'm missing something, but it looks like it's working as designed. 

Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

HI Ashley and Jordan,

Tx for responding back, Ashley. I thought I was missing something. The "USA" barns slide doesn't advance to the next slide automatically for me, either. I thought I'd uploaded my solution yesterday, but oddly I don't see it here. Hmmm. And I spent a lot of time trying to work it out. I WAS able to advance to the next slide, but I couldn't get SL to go back to the Base layer first, before advancing, after the last drag.

I think I remember that you were using states as the trigger to jump to the next slide, but I didn't see any states in your story (could very well have missed them).

I tried a number of things. The attached has 2 T/F variables that are associated with the bottom 2 layers (I didn't bother doing all 6...if this works for you, you can do the rest).

So those 2 layers (Ind Ag/Comm and Ind Cons) are set to true when the timeline starts which, according to your design, happens when the associated objects are dragged into the correct spots.

I set up Jump to the next slide to happen when the timeline ends on the base layer IF those 2 variables are true. BUT it automatically jumps to the next slide...doesn't pause at the base layer. I tried a number of different things to get it to work , but I'm missing something.

So, here it is for what it's worth. Maybe someone can figure out what I'm missing, or even better, maybe Ashley can tell us what we're doing wrong! 

Again, for my (partial) solution, you'd need to do the work for the other 4 layers and create 4 more variables.

Interested to hear next steps!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jordan and Becky,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this one! Jordan when I originally looked at your file, there wasn't a second slide - so reading through your logic, it appeared to work. 

I think the T/F variable is the way to go - but if you'd like it to revisit the base layer before jumping to the next slide, I was able to do so in Becky's example file by pausing the timeline of the base layer when on each of the slide layers. This way you'll return back to the base layer for a few seconds before it jumps to the next slide (as the jump to next slide is set when timeline ends). 

Jordan  Barkley

Hi Becky and Ashley,

Thank you for your help! I added the variables to my slide, but now they are advancing to the next slide without stopping at the layers. I see that Becky's isn't doing that, but I can't figure out what I have different than hers. Can you advise?

Thank you again,

Jordan

Nandini Khandekar

Hi Jordan

It is not advancing to the next slide automatically because in the TrustAg/Comm layer, instead of setting setting TrustAg true, you are setting PartAg true.

So the condition for going to the next slide is not met on the base layer.

Also for jumping to the next slide after timeline ends, check the 'Pause timeline of base layer' option for each layer.

Regards

Dipti