Copying and pasting items faster from Word to Quizmaker

Jul 15, 2011

I use Ditto to make copying and pasting test items from Word to Quizmaker (and to our LMS), and I wanted to share a method I've developed with it that can speed this up...

http://youtu.be/spS0wW_6iZc?hd=1

more detail on what settings I use can be found on my original Google+ post.

UPDATE: Also, for working with Quizmaker, make sure you remove "Rich Text Format" from the list of supported types in Ditto:

19 Replies
Lori Ruppert

This seems like a great timesaver and I'm anxious to use it. One problem that I'm having in testing it is that I get all of my items set up in Ditto, but then when I press Win+1 to paste the item in my app, it not only pastes it to the app, but also adds it's it to the item list in Ditto, throwing off my numbers.  Each time I do Win+"a number" it adds the item to Ditto.

I'm sure it's a setting I selected or didn't select.  But I compared my Options setting to yours and have basically the same settings.  I also perused other settings and can't seem to find any that would cause this.  Any thoughts.

Will Findlay

Oops! Thanks for catching this. Here is a fix that works for me:

1. Right click on the Ditto icon in the taskbar
  2. Choose Options
  3. Click the Supported Types tab.
  4. Click Rich Text Format
  5. Click Delete
  6. Click OK.

It seems like QuizMaker must be adding stuff to the clipboard internally for some purpose (which involves recopying what was just pasted), but by turning off the "Rich Text Format" as an option in Ditto, Ditto ignores whatever QuizMaker is adding to the clipboard. Let me know if this solves it for you as well.

Will Findlay

Another tool like this (but not free) is ClipMate: http://www.clipmate.com/

I'm going to try it out for a while and see if I like it as much as tried-and-true Ditto. Man, where is my loyalty?!

The PowerPaste feature it has may be worth the 34.95 price tag...

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.