Moving entire scenes in story view

Nov 27, 2013

I have 12 scenes with 13 scenes in each I want to move the scenes around ON STORY VIEW I have went into player and adjusted them but can't figure out how to move them in story view?

11 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Michael. You might be seeing a firewall. I'm able to click the above Vimeo link and also play David's tutorials here.

To move and renumber scenes, you can use Cut and Paste. Scenes are numbered in the order in which you create them, and they'll use that sequence in the "jump to next scene" triggers. When you cut scenes and paste them under other scenes, the numbering will change to reflect the new order.

Let me know if you have specific questions about those steps!

Michael Savio

Thanks Chrystal!

Unfortunately, I did try that but it didn't work. When I cut an "out of sequence" scene and try to past it under what I deem the "correct scene", it goes right back to the same "out of sequence" spot.

Example: Scenes numbered 1, 2, 4, 3, 5. I cut 3 and click under Scene 2, then click paste, the sequence is still 1, 2, 4, 3, 5. The same thing happens when I cut scene 4 and Paste it under Scene 3.

It may have something to do with the Next button. The last slide in each of Scenes 2, 3, 4 & 5 has a trigger that jumps to a Home Page slide in Scene 1:

[cid:image002.png@01D4D015.C0591060]

That might be it. Thank you for trying to help! It is appreciated!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry to hear you're still running into glitchy behavior. We'd love to help - and I think we'll need some more details on what you're seeing and the steps you're taking to get there. 

Let's start with what version of Storyline you're using? Also, if there is a way you could take a screen recording of your steps that would help - if you're using Articulate 360, you can use Peek 360 which is a great tool for screen recording! You can include the "Share" link here in your reply or if you need to share any of this privately please know that our Support Engineers are just an email away! You can share details with them here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.