Sharepoint question

Dec 22, 2010

How can I insert the published courses into SharePoint?  Thanks for help.

34 Replies
Community Team

This is what I got from a Sharepoint user:

I'm using SharePoint as well and have found an easy way to get Articulate Presenter content onto that platform.

• Publish the file locally.
  • Go to the SharePoint location where you will store the presentation
  • Change the SharePoint view from "All Documents" to "Explorer View"
  • Copy the locally stored file, and paste it in the SharePoint folder
  • Click the "player" object to launch the presentation.
  • Copy the address in the resulting IE window.

You can now use that address to link to the Articulate presentation from anywhere else on your SharePoint site.
Community Team

Also:

You should be able to use Articulate published content with your Sharepoint server. You will need to switch to "Explorer View" in Sharepoint before uploading your published output as explained in this forum post:

Help with publishing to a company intranet

Also, I believe that there's an LMS "function" of Sharepoint that you will need to enable or purchase.

Tess Farley

Microsoft offers a SharePoint Learning Kit that is freely available to persons that have SharePoint. According to the site, the Learning Kit, .... "supports SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, and Class Server content, allowing users to store and manage this content in SharePoint document libraries.

See SharePoint Learning Kit for further information.

Ruth Fons

Hello,

Assuming you are using Sharepoint 2007:

1.  Create a folder on your Sharepoint site where you want to house the course.  IMPORTANT:  make sure the document library you are using has the "check out/version control" feature disabled (otherwise when you launch the player, all the associated files - smf, flash - will also be checked out and others will not be able to launch the course without you first checking in each file which is not practical).

2.  Open the folder (from above).  Just above the folder you will see three menu items - "New", "Upload", and "Actions".  Click on the down arrow key next to "Actions" and choose "Open with Windows Explorer".  A new window will open.

3.  Copy and paste the "data" and "player" folders and the "player html" file from wherever you published them into this window.  Close the window.  You should see the "data" and "player" folders and the "player html" link in the folder you setup in # 1 above.  Click on the player html and the course should launch (for you and any others who have access to the sharepoint site).

Hope this works for you.

Adelissa Gonzalez

Community Team said:

Also:

You should be able to use Articulate published content with your Sharepoint server. You will need to switch to "Explorer View" in Sharepoint before uploading your published output as explained in this forum post:

Help with publishing to a company intranet

Also, I believe that there's an LMS "function" of Sharepoint that you will need to enable or purchase.

How do I switch to Explorer View?

Rob Reedy

A Possible workaround that worked for us....

We followed the same procedure as outlined above but had trouble because it did not want to open the player.html, so I tried this:

• I published the file locally.
  • Went to the SharePoint location where I would store the presentation
  • Changed the SharePoint view from "All Documents" to "Explorer View"
  • Copied the locally stored file, by dragging and dropping it into the "explorer view" window.
  • Then here is the different part... Microsoft seems to like Microsoft... I created a basic web page IN MS WORD with hyperlinks to different training presentations I had on the SharePoint site. The other presentations worked fine before, just not Articulate in our SharePoint environment. Then I saved the WORD file as a HTML "Web Page" and posted it on our sharepoint site... thus creating an HTML Index.

Ta Da.... it worked when everything else I had tried did not.... Hope you find this useful... it may be that there is some setting in the SharePoint site that was blocking us.... but this Microsoft assist was smiled upon by the SharePoint gods cause it worked.

Rob

Larae VerHage

Hope I'll still get a response on this old thread!

I am running into an issue that the file names are too long to add to SharePoint - specifically the files that are part of the quizzes made with Quizmaker and embedded into the Presenter presentations. If the file names are shortened, a "~" is added, which is not an acceptable character in SharePoint. 

Anyone have a workaround for this?

Jeff Kortenbosch

Put all your files in the Pages section (under all site content) and in the page you want to embed it in you copy-paste the html code from the player.html file in a standard content field. You should be able to switch from WYSIWYG editor to HTML editor by clicking the icon that looks like this '<>'

Good luck

Jeff

Community Team

HI Asif - you're welcome to create a new discussion thread here in the E-Learning Heroes forums to see if you can connect with others who are using Sharepoint Learning Kit and who might be able to help you with your question about how to set up a profile. Another thing you might try is to post in the Sharepoint Learning Kit discussion forums to see if folks there are able to help you out: http://slk.codeplex.com/discussions

Dermot Walsh

Hi,

I can upload my Articulate presenter material to sharepoint foundation but when I click the player tab my presentations only load about a third of the way and won't play properly.

My Storyline material works fine but I am using a link to the .swf file and not the player tab.

I was wondering if anyone would know of any assistance.

Thanks

Dermot

Christine Hendrickson

Welcome to the community, Dermot!

I'm afraid I haven't personally used SharePoint for hosting content.

However, there's an older forum post on this that may help:

http://www.articulate.com/forums/art...html#post44880

You'll need to make sure that you're using "Explorer View" when you upload to the SharePoint server. Hopefully that'll fix the problem and your content will load properly on the server. If not, maybe one of our community members with SharePoint experience can jump in and assist with this :)

Thanks and welcome again!

Ryan Malone

This may be the wrong place to ask, and I know this thread is old...but I have a few courses linked up in SharePoint, but I can't seem to get them to launch in a new window/tab. This should just be a matter of changing the target to "_blank" in the URL for the course link, but SharePoint is eating that and throwing it away each time I save. I'm looking online for a solution but everything I find involves javascript and other coding things that I (a) don't understand and (b) don't have permissions to edit even if (a) were not true.

Has anyone else run into this problem with their own courses?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.