Articulate not working in PowerPoint

Dec 11, 2013

Hello, 

When I go to preview the slides in Articulate, nothing happens. All the Articulate features do nothing. Please help! Is there an update or something i need to do? 

Thank you! 

Rachael Houghton 

11 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Rachel,

As Nancy mentioned, it would help us out if you could let us know what version of Studio and PowerPoint you're currently running.

Also, try to make sure that you're working with local project files:

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names (this includes spaces and underscores).

Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.

If you're using Studio '09 or '13, you'll want to make sure that you're running a 32-bit installation of Office and PowerPoint. If you need help finding this information, just let us know.

Thanks!

chadi El-Khoury

I am experiencing the exact same problem. Whenever I click "publish," the thinking icon flickers for a brief moment but then nothing happens. Actually, none of the buttons in the Articulate tab do anything.

I have the project file and all related quizzes stored in the same folder locally. Running Studio 2013, and using Powerpoint 2010. 32-bit machine and 32-bit office.

Advice?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.