You top 10 favorite PPT Animations, Transitions or Text Effects?

Jan 22, 2014

Hi Everyone!

I am interested in hearing your top 10 favorite Animations, Transitions or Text Effects in PowerPoint.

Please list them below.

Thanks!

6 Replies
Heather Beaudoin
  • I use Fade a lot for most text/objects on my slides to add some movement without it being overpowering.
  • Sometimes use Fly In or Peek In for titles off screen, but I slow them down from the default a bit.
  • I don't use Zoom a lot, but there are a few times I think it works great.  I like how I can zoom from either the slide or object center.
  • I like Float Up / Float Down a lot for when I there is only a big quote or headline on a slide.
  • I do a lot of screenshots to demo software, and I have a nice image of a big cursor that I use with the Rise Up animation.  It's easier than a motion path in that case, and I can easily just position the cursor over the button I want it to 'click', and Rise Up will move it into position nicely for me.
  • I also use Motion Paths quite a bit in other situations.
Carlton Hepner

Hi Julian,

My favorites include the following:

1. Fade In / Out
  2. Motion Paths (mostly left, right, up, down and custom with the ability to edit path points and smooth point transitions)
  3. The ability to have multiple animations on a single object timed either simultaneously or separately
  4. Fly In / Out
  5. Zoom In / Out
  6. Float Up
  7. Rise Up
  8. Curve Up / Down
  9. Grow / Shrink
  10. Shrink & Turn
Carlton Hepner

Hi Julian,

Here are my favorite:

1.    Fade In / Out

2.    Motion Paths (mostly left, right, up, down and custom with the ability to edit path points and smooth point transitions)

3.    The ability to have multiple animations on a single object timed either simultaneously or separately

4.    Fly In / Out

5.    Zoom In / Out

6.    Float Up

7.    Rise Up

8.    Curve Up / Down

9.    Grow/Shrink

10. Shrink & Turn

Taylor Croonquist

My favorite is the appear and disappear animations when combined with an onscreen graphic to show parts of a map, sales regions, etc...makes the overall slide interactive and fun (most people in the audience will sit there and try to figure out HOW you actually pulled it off too).

See below YouTube clip with an example of what i'm taking about in the beginning...clicking a button to have different regions of a map appear or disappear.

Displaying Pop-Up Text Onscreen By Hovering Your Mouse Over an Object

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.