Hugs & Kisses Tic-Tac-Toc (game demo)

Feb 14, 2014

Happy Valentines Day!

Put this together last night for my girls to play this morning. They loved it but quickly pointed out some "updates" that can be made. Nothing like honest user feedback!

A friend looked at it and found a couple errors, too. While I fixed the errors, I didn't have time to make updates.

Some thoughts are:

• Add a stop/play button to turn off/on the music
  • Add scoring
  • Add "choose X or O as your starting piece
  • Reveal one game piece at a time so one side can't play all at once.

Enjoy! And would love to hear anymore feedback about how to update it!

Hugs & Kisses Tic-Tac-Toe

6 Replies
Kevin Thorn

Updated.

Hugs & Kisses Tic Tac Toe

• Added ability to choose X or O at start
  • Based on if X or O starts, reveal game pieces one at a time.
  • Added on/off button for music
  • Published to HTML5 and iPad. (haven't tested HTML5, but works well on iPad).

I'm going to let this rest awhile and add scoring later. The "Addicted to Love" midi loop sounds cool at first but gets annoying after the first game. I'll probably remove it all together on the next version.

For scoring, my thoughts are similar to Tennis with a Game, Set, and Match. A Game is a game - either X or O wins. A Set is the best of 5 games. A Match would be open for the user to choose the number of Sets- 2, 7, 10, etc. would equal a Match. That way if you're stuck sitting at a doctor's office with your kid, you'd have hours and hours of fun!

Since Valentines Day is almost over, the next version will be a neutral framework. It's designed as a template with all the graphics as either .PNG or .JPG images. Just swap out the background and game pieces for a different look/theme. The game grid and starting blocks are simple shapes.

Other than dumping the music and scoring idea, would love to hear any other ideas for improvement.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.