Multiple slide quiz results

Apr 16, 2014

I would like to have a quiz in a course where there are 10 slides, each with a choice for the participant to pick either column "A" or column "B" - and then a results slide that shows how many of each they picked. It is not really a "test" since there are no correct answers. I've looked around trying to figure this out, and cannot seem to find a good answer. Thanks for any help/direction you can give.

Ken

10 Replies
Mike Taylor

Hi Ken! You could use a number variable to keep track of how many times they selected each option. Just create a variable for A and one for B that adds 1 to the appropriate value each time they make a selection.  I've attached a simple example so you can see how it can work and the triggers I used.  Mine isn't a quiz but you can add these same triggers to a regular quiz question too if you want it to be graded. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ken Willard

Hi Mike. I think you have exactly the answer I need! Thanks so much. If you can...I just need a little more detail on setting up the trigger. I looked at your example and that is exactly what I want to use in my course. However, I cannot seem to get my triggers set up like yours. I'm in the Trigger Wizard - using the action, "Adjust variable" - but when I set the variable to "Acount" I do not seem to find a way to add 1 like you did. Also, I'm not sure I understand the additional trigger to subtract. What does that do? If you could just give me a little more detail that would be great.

Thanks again for your help,

Ken

Mike Taylor

Couple of things to check.  First, make sure you have created the variable to keep count. (Mine was named "Acount" but your's could be anything.)  Here is a quick video of what I did with the triggers to adjust that variable. Let me know if that helps.  Basically the reason for subtracting is to account for any time when someone may make a selection but change their mind before they submit it. 

Ken Willard

Wow, can't believe you even put together a video to help me! That is too much.

I think that I finally have it all figured out (mostly with your help). The only issue now is that when I added "A: %Acount%" and "B: %Bcount%" to the slides for some reason instead of starting at zero they both start at one. Any idea what I did to mess that up?

Thanks again for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Ken Willard

Wow, again. I'd love to have you take a look. I'm VERY open also to any overall feedback you might have.

I do a two-day Train-the-Trainer workshop every month or so with a large A/C company. Not everyone around the country can come and attend one of our sessions. So I'm trying to provide some online courses that they could view and still get some of the key points. The audience would typically be contractors and technicians who have been moved into a training role.

Michael Hinze

Ken Willard said:

Wow, can't believe you even put together a video to help me! That is too much.

I think that I finally have it all figured out (mostly with your help). The only issue now is that when I added "A: %Acount%" and "B: %Bcount%" to the slides for some reason instead of starting at zero they both start at one. Any idea what I did to mess that up?

Thanks again for all your help. I really appreciate it.

In case you are still looking for an answer to the A/B Account issue. These two values start at 1 because their default value is set that way. You can easily change both starting values to 0 in the Variables editor window.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.