YouTube video won't play in published project

Apr 16, 2014

I have a youtube video embedded in a presentation and it plays perfectly when I publish and preview.  When I try to launch the presentation in a browser (IE or Chrome), I get an error when I get to that slide with the video:  "The YouTube video feature on this slide has been disabled while viewing locally because your browser does not support it".  I'm launching on the same computer (my laptop) I created the presentation.  I've also tried in on a few other computers in different environments with the same results.  Any ideas?

3 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Lisa!

Be sure that you are viewing the content as your learner would. I'm not sure how you have published your content, but be sure you are accessing it from the intended environment.

If you view published Articulate Presenter content on your local hard drive or send it to someone else to view on their local hard drive, you'll encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, Flash Player, and network that'll cause various features to fail. To test your content and share it with others, you'll need to upload it to the environment for which it was published. Here's how.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.