How to disable custom Next button until all hotspots clicked

Apr 22, 2014

Hi All,

So, I have an image that serves as my custom Next button. I want to disable this button until the learner has clicked on all of my hotspots. I have it set to the initial state: Disable, and am trying to figure out the right trigger to set it to  'Normal'.

I found this video for working with the default next button and set up my conditions for the initial hotspot to be "false" as outlined here with triggers for each variable to be "true" once the hotspot is clicked . However, the problem arises when I create the trigger for my custom button to change states.

http://www.articulate.com/support/storyline/how-to-disable-the-next-button-until-users-have-interacted-with-all-hotspots

Right now I have a trigger created to change the button state When: Variable changes. I apply it to one variable, then add conditions for all the other variables. However, it's not working to change the state to enabled once all those hotspots are selected. If I limit the trigger to only one hotspot variable and don't add additional conditions, then it does work to enable my button....but I need it to be configured so that they are required to click on all of them, not just one, in order to enable the button.

Here is a link to download project file (too big to attach here).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpmgg4r6fsaaez3/HotSpotInteraction.story 

Help to get this working is appreciated

Thanks,

Allisun

5 Replies
Rochelle Shute

This is not helpful, but a comment.  As I am having the same issue.  We want to require view of content prior to next button showing. I cannot find the answer.. I will let you know if I have any luck.  I am also having trouble with IPAD use.. Users cannot access embedded documents.. Not a good day for my customers.

Thanks,

Rochelle

Allisun O'Connell

Hi Rochelle,

The process to control the Next button depends on whether a) you are using the default navigation or b)you are using a custom navigation button. From there, it also varies on whether are you using a)hotspots or b)buttons/text elements. For example, I was able to easily disable my next button based on clicking all links first using the video screencast found at the bottom of this help page.

Hope that helps get you started.

Cheng Li

Allisun O'Connell
said:

Hi Cheng,

Thanks, this is close but not quite what I'm after. I need the next button to be in a disabled state so the user knows they can't click on it. How can I change the state from disabled to enabled? Or reveal an "enabled" looking layer as a workaround?

See the attached file.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.