Putting multiple survey questions on one page

Apr 23, 2014

I want to put several survey questions on a single page, asking about a graphic that is displayed. However, I cannot seem to add more than one survey question per page.

How can I do this?

3 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Kevin, 

Quizmaker only permits one question per slide - this goes for survey questions as well. Are you mainly wanting to avoid separate questions/slides so you don't need to reuse the same image? 

If that's the case, you could section off the image and place the different portions on their own survey question slide. This would not only help in the appearance, but it would give you more space for information and responses. 

Good luck with the project!

Kevin Lydon

It is what I suspected, but very frustrating.

We are trying to use Articulate Online so that we can track responses to a few tests we need to create for potential employees. I am creating a survey that will have between 25 to 50 graphics. For each graphic, there are five pieces of information that users have to provide. Three of the questions (data input areas) have short answers. The other two require writing a brief description. That means a lot of pages for these users to go through, which could be tedious and confusing to follow.

(This is like writing a book with one paragraph on each page.)

I could easily control the layout in Lectora and Storyline seems to have much of the same functionality based on a demo I saw.

Could I control the layout of the text input questions with Storyline (if we purchased it) or does it use Quizmaker also?

If Storyline is not the solution, can we mix quiz questions and survey questions In Quizmaker so that some of the questions are graded and some will be manually corrected?

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Kevin,

I think that Storyline would be an excellent option for you, yes. No, you don't need to use Quizmaker to create surveys or quizzes - Storyline can do this for you. Storyline also enables more customization to your quizzes - you can control how it looks, how it functions. You can go even deeper with the use of variables and triggers. 

You don't need to purchase Storyline to find out if it's right for you. You can download it and give it a try free, for 30 days, even if you already have active licenses with other products. 

You can download the free trial here. There are no limitations on the trial, with the exception of the 30 day period. 

The Storyline section of the forums is always a great place to find tips and advice and you may also want to take a look at the Storyline tutorials. And, if you get stuck, feel free to ask any questions. We'd be happy to help :)

I would probably create a single slide for each page and assign text entries - you could even use layers on those slides, if you'd like. You can use variables to pull the information entered by the learners into another slide so they can review, or you can even use this method to report those variables to an LMS - this will allow you to review the content entered by the learner. If you need to grade the answers provided, I'd recommend checking out this suggestion

I hope this information helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.