Articulate Storyline Chinese rendering issue

Apr 24, 2014

Hi! My team is using the Translation import and export feature to translate our English lessons into Chinese. We noticed that the text looks fine in the editing mode. However, once you preview or publish the course, there's weird overlapping/rendering issue in the text. I attached a screenshot. Has anyone had the same issue? Any thoughts or solutions would be appreciated! 

9 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Lin,

I see that John was able to reproduce the issue and shared the following:

I installed the font you provided and was able to reproduce the overlaps on the fonts. 

Unfortunately, we were unable to determine a workaround. We have reported this issue to our Quality Assurance team for their review. I cannot offer a time frame for when or if this issue will be addressed. I would recommend, at this time, to take a different approach so that you continue working on your project. If using other Chinese fonts is possible, I would recommend that you use those for now. 

Ren Gomez

Hi Mary Ellen,

Thanks for sharing those images! I see you've opened a case and have shared your file with my teammate, Renato. It looks like he's reached back out with some next steps.

Be sure to follow-up and continue working with him to figure out the cause of the issue. You're in great hands, and I'll also follow the case as it progresses!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.