LMS Help!

Jul 17, 2014

My company is currently looking for a new LMS. Right now we're using Litmos, and while it has been nice, it doesn't have all the features we need. What I'm looking for is:

• Forums and collaborative tools that can be locked from certain groups of learners
  • An easy and intuitive interface for learners (not too much scrolling or digging for information)
  • For a smaller company (100 - 200 employees)
  • Will accept SCORM (I was demoing a version of Matrix LMS and it wouldn't take any SCORM file correctly)

And I would like something that is a bit flexible. Ideas seem to come and go like the tide here, and I'd like to be able to have an LMS that will keep up.

Any thoughts?

13 Replies
Caroline Lawless

Hi Emily,

Have you had a look at LearnUpon? It's an affordable cloud based LMS that is easy to use, SCORM compatible and ideal for small companies. LearnUpon also has a collaborative chat feature that can be activated or deactivated as required.

Our system features can be customised to meet your needs making it flexible and we are constantly adding new features.

If you'd like to find out more please contact us by emailing hello@learnupon.com . We also offer a free no commitment 30 day trial if you'd like to try the system out for yourself.

Kind regards,

Caroline

Digital Marketer @ LearnUpon

Alexandros Anoyatis

If you are sensitive about your data, I would advise you to have a look at OpenOLAT (http://www.openolat.com/?lang=en). It's not the most well known LMS in the world, but the ability to customize virtually every aspect of the system (including logical operators and expressions for learning groups, user groups, or individual users & courses) make the system worthy of consideration if you opt for a self-hosted solution.

The LMS is Open Source, so any possible costs in maintenance, will be balanced out by the lack of an initial investment and the freedom to add as many additional users and courses as you wish.

The platform supports SCORM 1.2 and to this date, I have yet to see it fail playing nice with Articulate SCORM content. Furthermore, you can bridge the LMS to other external sources either via the supported IMS LTI standard or via REST API.

The nicest thing about this is that you can download the WAR file containing the full release directly at http://www.openolat.com/downloads/?lang=en and give it a go without much hassle. Just ask your administrator to install this on a local webserver and it can be deployed in no more than 30 minutes for you to test.

Please note that even though I am not affiliated with the company, this is the LMS of choice for me, and I do provide consulting and installation services for the LMS should that be required.

Hope this helps,
Alex

Kate Salvan

You can also can have a look at JoomlaLMS

The software perfectly suits your needs and it is quite affordable. It is consistently at the top of our Low Cost LMS options, regardless of delivery of number of users. At the same time, however, JoomlaLMS delivers a wide array of features and functions found in much more expensive solutions.

Richard Watson

Emily,

I would recommend you take a look at Accord LMS.

http://www.accordlms.com

I've administered and setup custom, Moodle, AccordLMS, SumTotal and many other Learning Management Systems over the years.

If you are interested in the Accord LMS, please contact me and I can introduce you to a contact I have and setup a demo for you.

Richard

Dario De Angelis

Hi Emily!

If you are looking for a Cloud SaaS LMS I think Docebo is the right solution for you. I've seen quite many different platforms and in my opinion Docebo has the best trade off between features /flexibility and easiness to navigate. There are tons of cool advanced features like gamification and Classroom apps and still a kickass interface that will help users to navigate the platform.

They have customers with over 20.000 users that access the platform from all over the world so I think they have what you're looking for.

Hope this was helpful,

Dario

Dave  Evans

Hi Emily,

We would be more than happy to discuss your requirement further. The video on the following page gives an overview of our LMS and the branding / learner options available. We are scorm compliant and offer both cloud / self hosted.

http://www.accessplanit.com/accessplan-lms

Let me know if i can be of any help or you have any questions.

Dave

Jeff Kortenbosch

Hi Emily, whichever LMS or LRS you will choose make sure the usability is top notch. Many LMS's are dreadful to navigate, search etc. Simple things like linking to a course directly is not default functionality per se. So when you do demo's or even test a sandbox setup make sure to involve actual users. If your users don't want to use the system you've just spend a lot of money on 'just another system'.

User experience is everything!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.