video piracy breaker

Jul 19, 2014

Hello ,

i am teacher and i sell e-learning courses to students .it mostly includes video practical files.

1 ) - now if i stream it on webpage many downloaders can download it easily

2) - second option s to build desktop application player which will fetch courses name and modules as well as practical names. and when student select practical it will stream video from server . it has also authentication process (server based).

first thing is how can i build this type of player mentioned in point 2

and any other solution to save my course from piracy ???

3 Replies
Bruce Graham

Kevin,

Basically...if someone wants to sit with Camtasia and record one of your videos while it plays, or film it with a camera, they will.

Even if someone subscribes to a course, for one user seat, there's nothing stopping them attaching speakers to the PC, and running it through a projection system to 100 people.

There are no easy answers to this.

Joshua Roberts

Hello Kevin,

Agreeing with Bruce here, essentially if someone wants to take your course they are going to be able to - one way or another. Your best bet would just to ensure you have as much protection as possible in place - ensure that the build of the module is of a good quality and is harder to replicate. Add your logo and branding to modules/courses as well, even in the narration or webinar based work.

Rachel Barnum

I'd just make sure that you had a watermark/branding on the video. As they have said, there's no way to stop someone if they want to pirate it. Any measures you take will likely inhibit regular users from watching the video as well. The second one option is too much. I would never want to download anything like that on my personal computer.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.