Problem with latest Presenter 13 update

Jul 25, 2014

Hi,

I've applied the new patch for '13 and now encounter this problem after activating and trying to click on any presenter button (ie quizmaker, options, etc)

"articulate presenter IPC handler could not be loaded"

What I've tried so far:

-reinstall presenter

-completely remove and install presenter

-install VSTO

-made sure i have .net framework 4.5 installed

-restarted multiple times.

any help is appreciated!

20 Replies
Mary Anne Delogu

Hi Leslie,

For some reason I didn't get notified of your post. I'll need to check my notification settings.

I did get the issue resolved, finally. I had to deactivate Articulate Studio and reinstall using the application from the site. Before I reinstalled I made sure that the Presenter tab item was no longer displaying in Powerpoint. After reinstalling, it was ok. I don't remember if I did anything else as it was a week ago...

For me, I don't think it was a VSTO or .NET Framework issue as both of these were already installed on my PC. I have a "corporate" imaged PC. My co-worker was able to install the upgrade without a problem.

Barry Johansen

I had a similiar problem after I did my 13 update. The answer was embarassingly easy.

I had been starting my work by clicking on the Presenter Icon. It would prompt me to launch PowerPoint, which I did, but the Articulate items would not work. After a number of attempted 'fixes' I started PowerPoint from the PowerPoint icon....it asked me if I wanted to enable the add ins, I clicked 'yes,' and things have been good since then.

Marilyn Bender

I've experienced several problems others have describe and have been looking forward to update 4. Unfortunately, I can't seem to download it. I have tried several times throughout the day and keep getting an error message that the server is sending no data.

see attached. Has this update file been removed?

Manu ...

Hi Leslie, thanks.

I reinstalled the two components you mentioned plus reinstalled studio13 with no error.

After having done that, i started Powerpoint the first time, it gives me this error:

After that, clicking any Presenter Icon in Powerpoint gives me this error:

After that, i went to this screen in Powerpoint:

File -> Options -> Manage Com Add-Ins -> Go

I tried to installthe IPC handler manually, with no success.

It is remarkable that the Articulate Presenter IPC Handler is the only add-on with a file/// in front of the path.

All the others have a correct path with begins with C:

I am on a corporate managed computer.

Could this be the issue?

Manu

Enderson DeOliveira

Hi Manu,

I'm having the same problems as you, with the IPC handler in the list of inactive and nothing I do can make it active.  It also has the file/// in the location, which is weird.  I've tried of all the troubleshooting pages from Articulate and nothing.  I resintalled Studio '13 and nothing either. It's very disappointing as I need this for my work.  Funny, it just started giving me this IPC handler error message out of the blue!

Were you able to find out the source of the problem?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.