Text box issues!

Jul 25, 2014

I'm running into a weird issue with a text box and am wondering what i'm missing. As soon as I enter the preview mode, the text reformats, and leaves a gap between lines 2 and 3 of the text. And idea on why it's pushing the text down a line, or how to control this?

Screen shots of edit mode, preivew, and text box properties below. Thanks for the help!

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Cory and welcome to Heroes!

Have you tried to set a different line spacing value for your slide? There is a bit of a known issue with line spacing and variable references as mentioned here, which from your images alone I'm not certain is the issue you're experiencing. Do you have a slide you could share with us here?

Cory Warshawsky

Ashley,

The particular issue I am mentioned is with a standard text box in this case, and not involving variables. Attached is the .story file for you to review. You'll notice the paragraph looks clean and together, then once you preview the slide this changes and the large gap between the 2nd and 3rd line of text appears.

Grant Robertson

Hi Cory.

Text can sometimes be more of a challenge than one might anticipate.

Anyways, a quick fix that seems to have worked for me (using your file) is to reduce the size of the text box that isn't printing correctly. It then prints small text (9 point Callibri) in a single row. Does this help? You'll probably also want to increase text size to 11pt - when I did this it printed correctly over two lines.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Cory,

Thanks for sharing the file. As Nancy and Grant mentioned, the variable reference is included in the first line of text and therefore will adjust the overall line spacing and wrapping of text based on what that variable is. With just this one slide, I don't see anything that is setting that variable - and then don't see the spacing/wrapping issue, but as mentioned the variable reference and the line spacing is something that is a known issue which has been shared with our QA team.

Cory Warshawsky

Thanks for the help everyone.

The issue here didn't seem to be related to the known problem with text boxes and variables causing single lines spacing to be used. Or at least the description doesn't seem to match.

However, when I removed the TVariable, the spacing was no longer pushed out between lines 2 and 3. I'll have to find another spot to use a reference to the users name. : )

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.