Issues with IPAD IOS6 and 7

Jul 28, 2014

Hi Guys

I am having a problem with a storyline file that i have created for IPAD IOS7,

My problem is a weird one, i have a slide which has three rectangles (images) and when when i click one image it takes me to a layer which has three more rectangles (images).

Each of the rectangles on the new layer are clickable and go to a corresponding layer.

For E.G.:

Image 1 goes to Layer 1

Image 2 goes to Layer 2

Image 3 goes to Layer 3

and when all images are viewed the next button appears and the user can then go next.

now this works perfectly fine on IE, Firefox and Google Chrome, but when i open this on iPad using Safari on my LMS a problem occurs

the problem is that when i click image 1 i go to layer 1 (Perfect), but then when i click image 2 or 3 nothing happens, the new layer that needs to be shown doesnt get shown and the course hangs up.

Please if you can help that would be awesome as i need to submit this project soon to the client.

Happy to upload the course for you ti view

BTW i have download the latest update which was released on 7/24/2014

Thanks

Shahid

7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Shahid and welcome to Heroes!

I'd agree with Michael that this would be easiest if we're able to take a look at the .story file and do some publishing ourselves. Additionally, can you tell us what iPad version you're using and the version of mobile Safari? Also you mentioned you're hosting it in an LMS - have you looked into if the LMS is causing any issues using the iPad? You could always test your course at a site such as SCORM cloud which is an industry standard for testing SCORM content.

If you're able to share the .story file or even a mock up that behaves the same way we're happy to take a look.

Shahid Ismail

Hi Ashley

Thanks for your reply, Please find the attached course, this is the slide that keeps giving me error on IPad,

I have tested the course on Ipad 1, Ipad 2 and Ipad mini and all three are giving me error,and I tested it on IOS6 and IOS7

Just a side note i did work out one solution and that was that i spilt the interaction over two slides and that seemed to work, but still would want to know why it didnt work the way it was set originally.

I tested it on SCORM cloud as i always use that to test my courses first and i had the same issue there as well.

Hope you can provide some answers

Thanks

Shahid

Hi Shahid,

Thanks for sharing the .story file here with us. I took a look, and at first I thought it was the animations that were tripping up the course, but after removing that and testing it from my iPad, I still am unable to see the new images and such on the layers after visiting one of the button layers accessible from the "Three cards" layer.

I tried to set up a similar (yet basic example, minus animations as that didn't seem to have an impact) on a new file, and wasn't able to recreate the behavior in testing. I know you mentioned you're using update 6, but I also wanted to check that you're working on local project files as described here. Could you try and recreate the same behavior on a new file and let me know what steps you go through to set this up?

Shahid Ismail

Hi Ash

Thanks for your reply and sending across the new file, I will have test with that and see what happens ,

I had saved the file on my google drive and was working of my google drive but had published the file to my local hard drive,

When i split the "Three Cards" slide in two slides it started working on my iPad, however a new but very minor problem is that when i click one of the cards, the black border doesnt seem to appear, which is weird.

I have the same interaction down the course as well in other scenes and there the black border appears for some and not for others.

dont know why that would happen, Also in the course i have some videos and have a trigger which sets the NEXT button to visible when media completes, however sometimes the NEXT button becomes visible and sometimes it never does and no matter what button i press the media re-starts.

I am a lil lost with the course not sure if this is because it is stored on my Google Drive?

Thanks

Shahid

Hi Shahid,

Saving a course to your google drive as a back up method or to share with other colleagues is ok, but you'll always want to create, edit and publish to a local drive. With that in mind, you'd want to download the document from Google drive to your local drive and then open it up to work from. Working off a network, shared drive or USB can cause corruption issues, loss of resources, or other odd behavior.

You could also try importing the project into a new file as described here to try and resolve some of the odd behavior. If you're able to recreate the behavior on a new file that you've started from your local drive, please feel free to share that version with us here and we'll take a look at it - but based on your descriptions I suspect a lot of the issues may be from not working locally.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.