Run Time Error 48; Error in Loading DLL

Aug 05, 2014

I get this error whenever I try to record narration or add annotations in Presenter 13. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

18 Replies
Phil Begley

Hi Leslie - thanks for providing the article. Unfortunately, it did not solve the problem. After going through the entire sequence, including the uninstall and reinstall of both Office and Articulate twice (lost the entire day) I am still getting the exact same error message, Run-time Error '48': Error in Loading DLL. I also had trouble when trying to insert an Engage .intr file into PowerPoint. It went unstable over an Active X issue. Any others suggestions?

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Phil!

Had you recently downloaded Update 3? Is that when the issue started?

Can you try the following to resolve the issue?

Install VSTO

Install at least .NET Framework 4.0

After installing the above, please restart your machine.

If this does not assist, I would recommend opening a ticket with support so that this can be looked into further.

Brian Batt

Hi Phil,

We found that the issue is caused by having a registry key leftover after uninstalling Office 2013. To fix the issue, you'll need to delete the following registry key:

"HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{91493440-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\2.b"

By removing this key, Office properly falls back to the previous older version - 2.a - which is the correct installed version for PowerPoint 2010.

For reference, the entire incorrect key that is causing the problem is:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{91493440-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\2.b\0\win32]

@="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Office\\Office15\\MSPPT.OLB"

Let us know if that resolves the issue. Make sure you have PowerPoint closed before making this change. We would also recommend backing up your registry or having your local IT group make this change.

Christie Pollick

Hi, Eric -- Thanks for reaching out, and I see that you started a new thread on this topic over here, so I just wanted to stop in and share the link to that post for others who may be following along. I have created a Support Case for you, and I will share any relevant updates from your case so others may benefit, as well. Your patience is appreciated! 

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Karen,

Sorry to hear that you've run into a similar issue. We haven't seen this one crop up in a while as this thread is a bit dated.

You mention going through all of the above steps. Did you conduct the uninstall/reinstall as outlined here?

I glanced through this thread and the related support cases and that seems to be taking care of the issue.

If you need further assistance and/or the uninstall/reinstall does not alleviate the issue for you, please reach out to our support engineers here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.