Audio not working when i click on replay button

Aug 26, 2014

I have attached a demo for explaining my issue. The issue is i have an audio on base layer and there is a button for popup layer, when i click this button before ending the audio the popup layer opens now after closing this layer when i replay the button the audio is not working.
Also i cant use play media when timeline starts trigger as their is syncing of audio.
Please Help.

16 Replies
Bhaskar yalijala

Ankit Bankar said:

I have attached a demo for explaining my issue. The issue is i have an audio on base layer and there is a button for popup layer, when i click this button before ending the audio the popup layer opens now after closing this layer when i replay the button the audio is not working.
Also i cant use play media when timeline starts trigger as their is syncing of audio.
Please Help.

Hi Ankit,

The solution for your problem is: leave some space (1sec) in the timeline before the audio starts. I hope this may be helpful for you.

Thank You!

Keith K.

I've run into the same issue in Storyline 2, and moving the audio forward seems to fix it, but it is a bit of a hacky solution at best.

It looks like on any frame where a layer allows seeking, if you close that layer and attempt to replay on the base layer you get no base layer audio. Even if you navigate to another slide, and then back to the original slide, you can still no longer get audio with the replay button (unless you hit play/pause manually or scrub the seekbar).

I would like to know if Articulate is aware of this issue, since it is easily reproducible.

Keith K.

Hi Ashley,

The scenario I described is an issue even with Reset to Initial State slides. All you need to do is create a slide with base level audio, that has a layer that allows seeking and some way to show and hide that layer. If you run, show and then hide that layer, and click replay on the base slide, you will not get any sound. This is what I and others are encountering.

This is also visible in Freeform Interaction frames, since feedback popups by default enable seeking.

If you do need further clarification I can throw together a sample, but it is pretty simple to reproduce.

Keith

Keith K.

Hi Ashley,

Here is a sample. If you click the button to show the layer, then hide it, the replay button on the base layer will visually restart the timeline but you won't hear the audio. Even if you navigate to the second frame and back to the first, the first frame replay button will no longer give you audio. Note that I set the layer to allow seeking since this is what seems to trigger the issue. Everything is set to reset to initial state.

Thanks!

Alexandros Anoyatis

Yes, this is a known recurring issue with the sidebar - as others have already commented, the current workaround is to have audio start at any point other than 0 sec.

If .25" or more seems too much, then just right click on the audio object on the timeline, click Timing and set Start Time to 0.01" - that also works. Then also be sure to lock the object so it doesn't get inadvertently pushed back to 0" later on.

Hope this helps,
Alex

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Michael! 

This issue is still in the hands of our QA Team and I do not have an update or timeline to provide regarding this. 

The workarounds mentioned:

Option 1. Disable "Pause timeline of Base layer" on Slide layer properties.
Option 2. Delay the inserted Audio/Video by adjusting it for .2 seconds (or more) in the Base layer's Timeline.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.