Recommended Video Editor for Screenr?

Sep 12, 2011

I have been using Screenr for awhile, but now I need to start to edit them a little. For example there seems to be a little audio captured before I mute. I want to edit that audio out.

I have always avoided video, but Screenr makes things so easy.

Any recommendations on a video editor that is affordable and fairly easy to use?

13 Replies
Robert Kennedy

What platform are you using?  Mac or Windows?  On the Mac side, ScreenFlow and the Camtasia for Mac are both $99.  That's fairly cost effective for me.  

On the Windows side, I am not sure if I know of any good CHEAP or low cost ones that will also allow you to edit.  CamStudio is a free screencast tool for Windows but it doesn't really edit as far as I know.  I have heard of one like BBFlashback that costs $199 but other than that, I can only suggest Camtasia Studio.  Hope that helps.

RK

David Anderson

Hey Greg - I was about to recommend JayCut.com which is a free online editor and works really well... but it looks like they just got bought and are putting a hold on new signups.

It looks like YouTube has a video editor. I haven't tried it, but it should work for you.

You might also try Windows Movie Maker. Tom did a post on this free program a while back and I know he's a fan of it.

Steve Flowers

If you're on Windows, MovieMaker is actually pretty good for what it costs.

If grabbing frames is the task at hand, I've always had really good luck using Virtuadub (http://www.virtualdub.org/). This program is also free and excellent once you get used to it. There are many plug-ins and extensions and configuration can be a headscratcher the first time. But it's a huge timesaver if you need to grab still frames from a video sequence.

If you want a little more flexibility and have some cash to spend, you can't go wrong with Adobe Premiere Elements ($99 on Adobe's site) or Sony Movie Studio HD / Vegas (Starting at $45 - http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiohd).

Another thumbs-up for Screenflow on the Mac. Love that application. If you're on a Mac you can't go wrong with Screenflow.

David Anderson

Steve Flowers said:

Another thumbs-up for Screenflow on the Mac. Love that application. If you're on a Mac you can't go wrong with Screenflow.

Can't believe Snapz let it go like they did. They went years without an update and just seemingly gave up on the screencast market. Screenflow is great and I can still remember beta testing it in 2008.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.