Quiz slides not going to next slide when max attempts is reached

Sep 26, 2014

Quiz slides are not advancing to the next slide when the maximum number of failed attempts is reached.

On the quiz slides, I have the maximum number of attempts set to 7. Many of the quiz slides do not advance to the next slide when the learner has reached the maximum number of failed attempts. A few of the quiz slides do advance to the next slide.

I have not figured out why some work and some do not. The only consistency I see is with the last quiz slide of a scene. The very last slide of a scene will not advance to the next scene.

The branch setting of the Incorrect feedback and the Try Again feedback of all the quiz slides are set to unassigned. I have tried changing these branching settings to point to a specific slide. The result is the learner goes to that slide after only 1 failed attempt even with the number of attempts set to 7.

How do I make a quiz slide go to a specific slide after the maximum number of failed attempts has been reached?

4 Replies
Mary Ellen Woods

Hi Rebecca,

Yes, I wondered if the "maxing out failed attempts not advancing a slide" and the "not advancing to next scene in Review mode" may be related. Glad to hear they both can be resolved with a simple setting change.

I'll try changing thethe trigger on the incorrect layer jump at my earliest opportunity.

Thank you again,

Mary Ellen (M.E.)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.