Articulate (or InspiredeLearning LMS) not recording Completestatus

Oct 06, 2014

Hello I have tried to publish Articulate Quizmaker 2013 quiz as a 1.2 and a 2004 scorm course with the status of complete/incomplete once all question slides have been answered. I only have a 14 slide quiz (for test for my company) with the 1st two being non graded blank slides.

I uploaded the course to Scorm Cloud and it looks like the problem is on the Articulate side and we bought a license to use this program for testing. Someone please help.

23 Replies
M Dooc

Leslie McKerchie said:

As far as your course goes, it is performing as expected. 

If your passmark is set to 80% and the user is failing the quiz, the result is an incomplete. The user would need to pass the course in order to achieve completion.

Thank you for this insight Leslie. But I was hoping my settings were set so that even if the user failed te quiz would record it as completetion because they took it.

So I can't set a passmark to have this occur in Articulate?

M Dooc

M Dooc said:

Leslie McKerchie said:

As far as your course goes, it is performing as expected. 

If your passmark is set to 80% and the user is failing the quiz, the result is an incomplete. The user would need to pass the course in order to achieve completion.

Thank you for this insight Leslie. But I was hoping my settings were set so that even if the user failed te quiz would record it as completetion because they took it.

So I can't set a passmark to have this occur in Articulate?

Sorry let me expand. I have tested this same file under the status settings of passed/incomplete and complete/incomplete. The preferbale status is the complete/incomplete status (which i should have changed in the .quiz file I sent you) because we do not want testers to know if they passed right away. Even when it is on that setting it registers as incomplete when a user has submitted all anwsers despite the 80% passing score.

M Dooc

Leslie McKerchie said:

You can lower the passmark threshold if you wish for the course to perform in that way.

Thank you Leslie. So since each of my questions are worth different points and I need a certain percentage recorded to let me know if they passed---do you suggest I manually calculate the passing percentange since the only way to get the completed status like I want it is to lower the threshold?

M Dooc

I guess what I am still trying to clarify is thatI have to change the passing percentage in articulate (or the threshold in the LMS) in order to get the LMS to record a complete status from Articulate when a user has taken a test and completed it whether they passed or not.

The scoring reports but it records the user passed in the LMS when the threshold is lowered.

Could this be an internet Explorer issue? I have 8.

The main problem is that the 'complete' status is not recording in the LMS from Articulate. I cannot believe I would need to change scoring to get it to register that a test has been taken and all answers have been answered.

Leslie McKerchie said:

Your score is still reporting, right? That shouldn't change if you simply change the passing percentage.

Totally up to you though

Leslie McKerchie

Hi M! It's not an IE Issue, this is how the data is reported from Quizmaker.

There is no way to configure Quizmaker to send a Complete status when the learner has not completed the tracking requirement.

Setting both a completion status and a success status for Quizmaker, would be a feature request and you can submit that here.

M Dooc

Leslie McKerchie said:

Hi M! It's not an IE Issue, this is how the data is reported from Quizmaker.

There is no way to configure Quizmaker to send a Complete status when the learner has not completed the tracking requirement.

Setting both a completion status and a success status for Quizmaker, would be a feature request and you can submit that here.

I have submitted for that feature. Hopefully in the meantime I can find a workaround. Thanks!

Tim Slade

Any thoughts on putting the quiz in a presenter project and having the completed status based on a number of slides viewed? You can have your two non-scored blank slides at the beginning, then the quizmaker slide and then a closing slide - this would be a total of 4 presenter slides. Publish it from presenter with a completion status of 4 slides viewed. That way you'll still be able to track their quiz score in the LMS AND receive a completed status regardless of their quiz score. 

I don't know if that fixes your issue - just a thought.

M Dooc

Tim Slade said:

Any thoughts on putting the quiz in a presenter project and having the completed status based on a number of slides viewed? You can have your two non-scored blank slides at the beginning, then the quizmaker slide and then a closing slide - this would be a total of 4 presenter slides. Publish it from presenter with a completion status of 4 slides viewed. That way you'll still be able to track their quiz score in the LMS AND receive a completed status regardless of their quiz score. 

I don't know if that fixes your issue - just a thought.

That sounds like a logical and clear alternative. I will try that today!!!! Thank you Tim for advising as I was still stuck.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.