Drag n Drop issue - looking for assistance

Oct 09, 2014

This is a simple branching screen. 

The user just drags and drops the buttons onto the blue logo (target and drops) to navigate to a content page.  Easy right.  If you drag n drop the buttons on the BOTTOM of the blue logo all works well except the last button (Pg4).

Can anyone tell me why the last button if dropped on the bottom of the blue target snaps to the centre of the blue logo before branching off the pg4 content? 

No other button does this?

• I have copied the buttons and renamed,
  • used the painter tool,
  • copied and pasted the triggers for this button,
  • rebuilt the button and rebuilt the screens

So I'm seeking some input to save my hair - thank you for the assistance

Using fully patched SL2, win 7, 32GB Ram

9 Replies
Garry Hargreaves

Hi Wendy, greetings from BrisVegas. 

I have chopped and changed this menu trying to figure it out.

Changed 4th button back to a rectangle - still the same.  The other buttons 1,2 and 3 follow the same approach - and they do not "snap to the centre" of the target. 

I built a completely new menu with 4 button instead of rectangles - I get the same problem?

In fact I get the same issue on any drag n drop menu item with more than three buttons.

Wendy Farmer

Hi Garry

Yes I think you have yourself a 'bug'.  I added a fifth rectangle and both the 4th and 5th ones snap to centre before going to jump page...must say it's not consistent though.  Depending where on the bottom of the target you drop it, sometimes it works like the others and sometimes it doesn't.  I even moved the drop target to other areas on the slide to see if it was a positioning thing — didn't make any difference.

Sorry couldn't help — but you're not going crazy

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.