Flat template display base layer and additional layer?

Oct 20, 2014

Hi,

I used the flat template as per the downloads in Storyline 2. When I preview, the base layer is hidden, even though the eye is open - it only displays the layer. It was initially showing and has changed now and I can't get the two to show together? Help if you can! Cheers, Shawna

13 Replies
Shawna Murray

Hi,

So I'm using the Flat design by Mike Taylor. It shows the base layer initially, and then when the user clicks the tabs, only the layer shows. But initially the base layer and all 5 layers displayed when tabs were clicked in preview.

I am able to upload images, but not the project. First image is base, second is layer. I want the two to display together. The eyes are all open on base layer and as mentioned it was initially working...

Thanks,

Shawna

Thank you

Wendy Farmer

Hi Shawna

I thought you said the Flat office template above...ok..so here is the Flat design template from Mike. See if your timeline and layer properties are set up as per below images. I can't tell from your screenshots above and it's hard without seeing the .story file.

This is layer 1

These are layer 1 properties

This is layer 1's timeline the Baselayer objects are visible

Wendy Farmer

Hi Shawna

not sure how you have created the layers.

I was on the main slide with the tabs and created a layer called Definition - Wendy. I then copied the contents from your layer Definition onto that slide. See if that is what you are after. There is a lot of animation happening on a tab click - not sure if all those triggers are needed - but lets see if we are getting closer to what you need - I don't have time at the moment to go through the whole thing...but I can probably help you later tonight if you need it (I am on Australian time) - let me know.

I will PM you with my skype details if you want to hook up that way and ask quick questions.

Cheers

W

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.