Training courses for a TUI system, with simulation -- anyone?

Oct 21, 2014

Hi there! My search didn't pull up any hits, so I'll start a new thread:

I'd like to take my company further into the realm of eLearning, so I'm investigating good development products and building a business case to invest in the right one. Articulate is definitely in the lead for us.I love what I've seen of it so far, and this community rocks!

The product I'm supporting is a text-based ERP system, and I'll be developing training courses for end users. Simulation is a critical component; we need them to complete exercises that mimic what they would do in a live system.

Iwanted to put out a feeler: have any of you also worked on materials that include simulation of a TUI? Might you be willing to share an example?

4 Replies
Simon Blair

Hi Jenn,

I have worked on some simulations using Storyline. I'm afraid I can't share any samples (they contain proprietary information).

That said, I found that a combination of text-entry fields and hotspot interactions (i.e. click in the right place on the screen), combined with screenshots, allowed me to do a creditable job simulating software.

Hope this helps,
Simon

Simon Blair

I missed the TUI portion of that. My bad.

I have another sample that might be similar to what you're looking for. I put it together for an e-Learning Heroes Challenge a while back.

https://16de3130083d65d554b3696ac043262c3246776a.googledrive.com/host/0B4PDIewDrpxsM3F6cjZ5aXM0REU/

My idea was to imitate the text-based control/navigation as seen in classic games like Zork.
I should warn you that it required a fair bit of work with the triggers to get it to behave as I wanted it to. The more valid commands there are, the more triggers you'll need to accommodate them.

Cheers,
Simon

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.